The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

but I think Chris is still friend with Tom because when I was looking through his instagram pictures the other day, he was in a picture with him that time he went hunting for Bigfoot a few months ago

I wonder if Rick ever regrets backing Tom all those years ago. I mean, blink went on without Tom, got a grammy nom, a number one record, and are clearly making some damn money. I can't imagine AVA in their entire run has made as much as blink has in the last two years. I kind of hope he's kicking himself. 

7 hours ago, Chrisx37 said:

He's actually a really great reviewer that analyzes *just* the right amount. He's not as cranky or picky as some other reviewers, so I like his videos.

Also, I respect the love for Neighborhoods. Aside from like the top 2, it's difficult for me to rank the albums. I've listened to Neighborhoods more than any blink album lately though.

I've watched some of his videos and he has kind of a soothing voice yet a bit annoying. He's a good reviewer I'd say. I don't agree much with what he says. Watching his Green Day one now. Kerplunk at like nr 9? wow. 

The level of irony of that clip still astonishes me.

I remember watching that and relating so much. That was the shit that made me fall in love with the band. The idea of friends fucking around and having fun forever.

• Like 6

Feldmann on some podcast, got some insight on the "pre-Feldy" Blink songs for once... The thing isn't very interesting, Blink talk first starts at 16:50ish and then it's kinda scattered, pre-Feldy stuff at 27:00ish...

Highlights:

-talks about how Jerry Finn was inspiration to him
-spent nights awake thinking "How can I help the legacy of this band without it's lead singer, key member, and producer!"
-All of the demos he had heard, half of the songs sounded like Alkaline trio, the other half *kinda* sounded Blinkish. But it wasn't cohesive on any level
-So he felt his role from the beginning was "How do I make this feel like Blink? Cuz it's Blink. It can't be Alkaline Trio."
-We had to really dig deep, it has to be FUN

17 hours ago, NotNow said:

It wasn't rick devoe, it was Chris Georggin that sent that email. I don't think rick devoe was really involved with the band that much after the reunion. Chris worked for ricks management company and he was Tom's manager. So that group was gone anyways since Tom was gone, but Tom fired Chris as far as I know so they really are completely out of blink/AVA world now.

Ah yes so maybe it was Chris who put that tweet up. The older I get the more everything blends together, even with blink.