The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

17 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

So you didn't or don't want Matt in the band?

Seriously WTF do you expect him to bring to the table? God forbid his own influences!!! Instead Feldman told Matt to go have a seat in the corner.

Feldman could have done the job of a producer, taken what Blink already fucking wrote and made it cohesive, instead he got greedy and wanted to basically control the entire process, no different than Tom really.

Your opinions makes no sense.

Oliver ass talking

52 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Parking Lot begs to differ.

A quickly written last minute addition to the album. The reaction on social media outlets to that song and then the reaction to Misery and 6/8 will hopefully show Mark he needn't have worried about having to add faster, more cheery songs. Can only be good going forward. 

5 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

A quickly written last minute addition to the album. The reaction on social media outlets to that song and then the reaction to Misery and 6/8 will hopefully show Mark he needn't have worried about having to add faster, more cheery songs. Can only be good going forward. 

Seems like we may be heading into a direction where there's something for everybody at least.  There's no reason typical pop-punk blink songs can't coexist on an album with "darker" or "experimental" songs like 6/8.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghent's Brother said:

Seems like we may be heading into a direction where there's something for everybody at least.  There's no reason typical pop-punk blink songs can't coexist on an album with "darker" or "experimental" songs like 6/8.

Absolutely. I enjoy Parking Lot, and would probably have enjoyed it more had we not had a lot of similar songs on the original California release. If they mix it up then I can see some great releases in the future. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2point5 said:

Absolutely. I enjoy Parking Lot, and would probably have enjoyed it more had we not had a lot of similar songs on the original California release. If they mix it up then I can see some great releases in the future. 

Yep exactly.  I think that's how it was for a lot of people, especially since we're getting this as a bonus so quickly after Cali.  Hopefully the deluxe ends up being a setup for a more cohesive mixture of these sounds for the next proper album (even if they do stick with Feldy).

• Like 1

Parking Lot is actually my favorite of the three releases at this point. It's been a grower for sure. Was hesitant about the guitar work at first but I've grown to enjoy it

38 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

isn't that every California song?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Parking Lot is actually my favorite of the three releases at this point. It's been a grower for sure. Was hesitant about the guitar work at first but I've grown to enjoy it

You know what else grows? Cancerous tumors.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Oliver ass talking

You have to say this, because you can't defend your opinions. Not now, not ever.

By saying you want no Matt AK3 influence, you are saying you don't care for Matt in the band and would instead rather have a producer/writer for hire fabricate Blink 182.

6 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

You have to say this, because you can't defend your opinions. Not now, not ever.

By saying you want no Matt AK3 influence, you are saying you don't care for Matt in the band and would instead rather have a producer/writer for hire fabricate Blink 182.

Ok? I quite like Skiba in the band. Just don't think Alkaline Trio is that great. The goth thing isn't my style and I didn't want it in blink. Unfortunately, Alkaline Trio has been stuck in that scene for awhile now. Probably a big reason why Matt is trying to keep away from that sound while in blink.

7 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Tom is a shadow of his former self but sadly so is Mark. 

He might be more mentally stable but he's lost his songwriting ability, isn't funny anymore and is desperate to be accepted by the masses.

this.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

I wanted nothing to do with the Alkaline Trio sound. It was my biggest fear going into this.

This was actually my biggest fear as well.

However, after having heard the new music, now I'd actually love more of a +44/Alkaline hybrid sound compared to what we got.

I'm underwhelmed by the music but I don't hate any of it. I actually like all of it pretty much. I just don't love it like I love most of the rest of blink's discog. (With that said, there are certain post-Tom songs that I believe are some of blink's best work ever).

Ultimately I'm happy that blink is still around in some form and that we're still getting new music. It's far better than the alternative. But in my perfect world this is not what the music would sound like.

I mean... in my perfect world Tom would still be in the band with tons of enthusiasm and would be huge driving force within the band.

• Like 1

I still can't help but think that if Mark and Travis had become good pals with John Feldmann just a few short months earlier, he would have been the first person they'd consider to take Tom's place. And the majority of us would probably never have heard of Matt Skiba.

Whether or not Feldmann would have accepted to officially replace Tom is up for debate and doesn't really matter. He might not have. Maybe "officially" joining the band full-time would have been too much of a commitment for him, with all the other things he has going on. But, he has it easy with the current blink situation! He still pretty much is in the band (he pretty much is the band) but it's not official so he doesn't have to commit to touring or anything else that blink does outside of the studio. He can still produce other albums and do Goldfinger and eat 100 donuts a day and all that other stuff.

*typed as I'm eating my second donut in a row*

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ghent said:

Ok? I quite like Skiba in the band. Just don't think Alkaline Trio is that great. The goth thing isn't my style and I didn't want it in blink. Unfortunately, Alkaline Trio has been stuck in that scene for awhile now. Probably a big reason why Matt is trying to keep away from that sound while in blink.

Seems weird to me. Like saying, Love Freddie Mercury but hate his Queen influence, Love John Lennon, but hate his Beatles influence.

AK3 pretty much defines Skiba in terms of music, he isn't Dave Grohl, so it is very odd to me that you are happy with Skiba, but not his music.