The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

3 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Well Mark did 10x worse years later by bringing in Matt Skiba to blink 182. Hope he's satisfied by this act of revenge. And did +44 with Travis so they should be even

I mean both situations were not even remotely the same as what Tom was doing with BCR.  In fact in both situations, Tom could have been a part of the new music continuing as blink-182 if he only just wanted to actually keep making blink music, which lets be honest, he clearly doesn't.  At most he just wants that sweet paycheck that comes from working with the band.

• Like 2

Wow, terrible list.  And why is TMTATS counted but not Buddha?  Mine at this time would be, based strictly on how much I like the music and disregarding any of the nonsense of how important the album was to their career or what it means for their legacy, and disregarding TMTATS since its just a "live" album:

1. Untitled
2. Dude Ranch
2.5. Dogs Eating Dogs
3. California (Deluxe)
4. Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
5. Neighborhoods
6. Enema of the State
7. Buddha
8. Cheshire Cat

22 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/blink-182-albums-ranked-worst-to-best/

Searching for early reviews of the deluxe and came across this album ranking. Guy has balls putting DR as #1. I don't agree with every point he makes, at times he's just ignorant in his reasoning, but nice to see an older album get some love.

Im surprised by how much I agree with the list. if you swapped TOYPAJ and Enema around, and swapped Chesire and Neighborhoods around, that would be my list too. even most of their song highlights are mine as well, although I disagree with him about the latter half of Enema.

I do think he should have included Buddha though. 

Ghent is going to attack you for this though, the brooklyn vegans opinions on music don't matter because of some guys haircut, or something. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Searching for early reviews of the deluxe and came across this album ranking. Guy has balls putting DR as #1. I don't agree with every point he makes, at times he's just ignorant in his reasoning, but nice to see an older album get some love.

Why did it take balls to put DR #1? That would be mine too. 

• Like 2

why do we care about subjective rankings at all? it's just an opinion from an unknown idiot.

there are hundreds of rankings on these boards too (they are all absolutely pointless and unnecessary anyway), so i don't think we need rankings from other sites.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

I actually agree with this ranking..the top 4 will always be interchangeable and impossible to rank.  I always go back and forth between Dude Ranch, Enema, Untitled, and Toypaj.  All have their reasoning for #1..but then u kick yourself over not doing the other.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Why did it take balls to put DR #1? That would be mine too. 

Getting click bait would put Enema or TOYPAJ. Being pretentious would be Untitled. Plus DR has no Travis which some people think is a sin. Not my views necessarily, just how I see casual fans observe blink when brought up.

DR is a close 2nd to Untitled for me so yeah I agree it's a good choice for #1.

6 hours ago, Kay said:

Im surprised by how much I agree with the list. if you swapped TOYPAJ and Enema around, and swapped Chesire and Neighborhoods around, that would be my list too. even most of their song highlights are mine as well, although I disagree with him about the latter half of Enema.

I do think he should have included Buddha though. 

Ghent is going to attack you for this though, the brooklyn vegans opinions on music don't matter because of some guys haircut, or something. 

Eh I was dicking around on Google searching for blink. Never heard of the site before but liked the rankings as it wasn't a very MTV view of their catalogue. I also wish they had included Buddha as I prefer it over Cheshire Cat. 

saw this while scrolling twitter -- it's jack from the band bleachers inside his high school bedroom. he played in several unsuccessful punk bands prior to fun and bleachers. i zoomed in and there's a flyer for BOXCAR -- was that travis's early 90s punk band that later got adopted for BCR??

rs-jack-antonoff-v1-5b56ed0a-c056-4a2c-a

55 minutes ago, boxelder said:

saw this while scrolling twitter -- it's jack from the band bleachers inside his high school bedroom. he played in several unsuccessful punk bands prior to fun and bleachers. i zoomed in and there's a flyer for BOXCAR -- was that travis's early 90s punk band that later got adopted for BCR??

rs-jack-antonoff-v1-5b56ed0a-c056-4a2c-a

I doubt it - there's a synthpop band called Boxcar that is probably more likely the culprit, especially given the synthpop connection to Bleachers. I don't think Travis's Boxcar was ever big enough to headline shows, even local ones. I could be wrong though.

travis' band was called box car racer if i remember correctly.

yeah, i found it:

"Feeble was my main gig, but I played on the side with pretty much anybody who asked: sometimes I called myself a drum whore. For example, I was in a trio called Crawl with my friends Billy and Alex—we were very post-hardcore, with heavy influences from Quicksand and Rocket from the Crypt. We played two gigs, and then one of the guys left. We replaced him and put together another slew of songs with the same approach, and called ourselves Box Car Racer. That band also lasted two gigs."

"I told Tom that when I lived in Riverside, I had been in a band called Box Car Racer that played music like that, with my friends Billy Meyer and Alex Barreto.* Tom loved the name Box Car Racer—I figured we had never put out an album and the band was now defunct, nobody had ownership use the name. I tried to get in touch with Alex, who had been in the original Box Car Racer, because I wanted him to be in the second version of the band. But he had gone MIA—nobody could get hold of him."

• Like 3