The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Can someone, please, look at the booklet to see if it says if Jack or Travis' daughter appears on She's Out Of Her Mind too? I kinda hear a kid/young girl voice in the "she's an angel yeeeeeeah" at the 1:21 mark.

19 hours ago, Ghost said:

Can someone, please, look at the booklet to see if it says if Jack or Travis' daughter appears on She's Out Of Her Mind too? I kinda hear a kid/young girl voice in the "she's an angel yeeeeeeah" at the 1:21 mark.

Jack only gets credit for additional vocals, but no songs are specified, just as Alabama gets credit for piano.

Somewhere we were talking about how its not cool liking blink or whatever. I forget which thread. 

Tonight at work a co worker and i were talking about music and he asked me what i like. And i said "pop punk" (i like also other genres haha) and he said "like no doubt?" I said blink. He lost it and thought i was the lamest guy ever and was like "THIS GIRLFRIEND SHE SAID NA NA NA HEART WHAA WHA music!? Ewwwww"

and i spent maybe 10 minutes defending myself and the music i like. Annoying how liking blink can turn a normal conversation to that  

just thought i'd share. 

11 minutes ago, Barry said:

I don't even get what point he was trying to make. Blink sings about girls? Pretty much every band does that.

Sounds like a douche.

Yeah, i think his lyrics/song reference was high school pop music as he said. he's a solid guy though in his defence. But its not uncommon, for me at least, to get that reaction when i say i like blink. People usually dont think its cool to like them. 

I remember this dude in uni, he started this acoustic band because our uni was tiny and there was literally nowhere to do a proper band rehearsal, anyhoo - he was into a lot of metal and looked down on me (a much better acoustic guitarist than him) because he heard I liked bands like blink.

So he wrote this song called "Standard american song" where it was 3 chords and was kind of catchy and its him taking the piss out of typical pop and pop punk songs basically. the lyrics were something like "Standard american song, singing about a girl I like, standard american song, 'gonna be a one hit wonder" it wasn't even like... good, but he played it once or twice at open mics and the locals loved it. So they started doing actual acoustic gigs and no matter what they played, people asked for 'standard american song'. all the time. on repeat.

I thought it was hilarious, he tried so hard to take the piss and 'prove' those songs were stupid and it was the most memorable song he had ever (and probably would ever) write. and it was still kind of shitty! he got so mad the band split up and he point blank refused to play it ever again. such a diva. 

• Like 1