The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, phillyguitar92 said:

dear lord. that's literally california with feldman singing. the rhythm of the guitar in the chorus is bored to death. the vocals in the chorus remind me of the bridge of no future. the drums production sounds exactly like california. the verses sound like parking lot. the second verse transition sounds like the transition into parking lot's second verse. 

it really makes me wonder how much of cali was genuinely written by feldmann....... 

A LOT of parking lot in this. Almost ripped the entire drum beat as well.

5 minutes ago, knapton said:

Reading the youtube comments and its pretty universal that everyone thinks it sounds exactly like blink.

Anyone else find it fishy that he releases this right at the same time theres a lot of talk about Blink releasing a new album? Trying to ride on coattails there much Feldman? Then he makes it sound the exact same too.

Ride coattails, sound the same?  He wrote most of California/deluxe, he can do what he wants in terms of ripping from it.  He's using his own ideas/writing.

This doesn't sound like Blink either.. Blink sounds like this as far as I'm concerned.

Never thought I'd see a day where I'm comparing Goldfinger to Blink and actually considering it better.

it was discussed for a year that feldmann as the producer of the blink album forced his own style and ideas on the band, that's why california sounds different than the previous records.

then feldmann in his one-man-band creates a song that sounds similar to this. wow. what a surprise.

I'll be honest, I laughed so fucking hard when I heard this. Didn't make it to half way through the track, just solid belly laughing. christ almighty. 

• Like 5

I just remembered something

Before i knew how things worked and i downloaded a song with (1) after it i didnt know it was a duplicate and i thought it meant it was a number one hit. And was always surprised at how many number one hits blink had.

• Like 1

on this whole Travis and John doing goldfinger thing - is travis officially their new drummer now? are they bringing an album out? Wouldn't it be hilarious if the only reason Skeebs went back to alk3 for a record was because Travis and John were touring with Goldfinger and were too busy for blink?

I mean, I doubt it, but that would be so damn awful and funny if it happened. 

One trick pony, so unoriginal. 

Hilarious that he's "produced" two blink albums in a year and then straight after releases their first music in nine years which sounds very similar to the blink sound. 

It's actually better than a lot of California too, guess he let blink have his cast off ideas and saved all his good ones for Goldfinger! classy bloke...

I was wondering about Famous Stars and Straps the other day because Travis is still out there promoting the shit out of it, but how is it still a thing? Do people still wear/buy their stuffs? It's hard to believe.

I'm surprised the company hasn't failed yet though.

Haha the whole Feldmann partnership has been so weird for me because I was (and still am) a huge fan of Goldfinger's first 3 albums. But their post-2000 albums lost my interest pretty fast as they chased other trends and stuff. They'd have a decent single every now and then but nothing exciting or fresh. So now that he's a super-producer/writer for hire it's funny because to me he WAS good at one time, but he's been past his prime for like 17 years haha