The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

6 minutes ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

Please get to the whoas!  I think it's actually Matt

I'll try and brave it later maybe, I just couldn't sit through it, my sides can only handle so much. 

4 hours ago, Kay said:

on this whole Travis and John doing goldfinger thing - is travis officially their new drummer now? are they bringing an album out? Wouldn't it be hilarious if the only reason Skeebs went back to alk3 for a record was because Travis and John were touring with Goldfinger and were too busy for blink?

I mean, I doubt it, but that would be so damn awful and funny if it happened. 

What would be even more funny is if Mark took offense to it and started his own protect to spite the 4th member & Travis.

44 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

So is the rest of the band out? Who is in this incarnation of Goldfinger?

Feldmann is the only official member, he recorded with Mike Herrera from MXPX, Philip Sneed from Story Of The Year, and Travis. The former members are telling people not to support it haha.

Looks like Darrin (the drummer for the entire run up until now) is very open about things on Twitter, daaamn

• Like 2

My thoughts- of course the new Goldfinger sounds a bit like new blink, 2 out of the 4 people who wrote new blink wrote and recorded the song. It's also the same genre of music.

The Goldfinger band member situation does seem sketchy, but I would have to understand their back story better before I judged. Butt hurt ex-band members are pretty common.

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

The Goldfinger band member situation does seem sketchy, but I would have to understand their back story better before I judged. Butt hurt ex-band members are pretty common.

Yeah I can't claim to know their ins and outs whatsoever, I just know that drummer was a bigtime fan favorite and I'm almost positive he was a founding member who was in the band the whole run until now

8 minutes ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

Since when did Travis start to suck.  I didn't realize that was actually him.  Just went back and listened to Goldfingers old stuff, significantly better drumming.

Without Tom pushing him? No Jerry Finn magic? Who knows. Travis is probably just playing what he can. Good drumming is crafted as much as it's inspired.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Yeah I can't claim to know their ins and outs whatsoever, I just know that drummer was a bigtime fan favorite and I'm almost positive he was a founding member who was in the band the whole run until now

It's like Bono doing U2 without the other dudes.

22 minutes ago, Ghent said:

My thoughts- of course the new Goldfinger sounds a bit like new blink, 2 out of the 4 people who wrote new blink wrote and recorded the song. It's also the same genre of music.

Feldy-bot strikes again...

• Like 4