The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I shouldn't be surprised. I really shouldn't. But the transparency here... It's like when Tod Phillips made the Hangover sequel exactly the same as the first film as an experiment and perfectly timed the trailer to mimic the first Hangover trailer in terms of comedic beats to see if he could sell the same product to the public twice as a sick inside joke while pocketing our money in the process. It worked.

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

I shouldn't be surprised. I really shouldn't. But the transparency here... It's like when Tod Phillips made the Hangover sequel exactly the same as the first film as an experiment and perfectly timed the trailer to mimic the first Hangover trailer in terms of comedic beats to see if he could sell the same product to the public twice as a sick inside joke while pocketing our money in the process. It worked.

Serious?  

Interesting..

2 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

To be fair I quite enjoyed Hangover 2 and think it's just as good if not better than the original. Part 3 on the other hand...

1 hour ago, Boring.........Alright said:

To be fair I quite enjoyed Hangover 2 and think it's just as good if not better than the original. Part 3 on the other hand...

What!?

Part 2 was mediocre and part 3 was complete shit, I agree with that.

Part 1 was golden on the other hand. 

5 hours ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

Ghent has no backbone.  Just take uninspired rushed generic pop punk trash and Co writers right up the rear as long as it's under the name Blink 182.

That's why Mark and Travis kept the name Blink - a lot of fans will like everything released under that name.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

Serious?  

Interesting..

He's not on record I don't think saying that but I've heard some interesting things back in the day at school.

1 hour ago, Boring.........Alright said:

I'm not going to argue the merit of the supposed experiment. Just that the results were the same, both in trailer and movie beats, it was the same exact formula. Possibly purposefully. And to be fair, almost every Hollywood sequel does that anyways.

37 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

He's not on record I don't think saying that but I've heard some interesting things back in the day at school.

I'm not going to argue the merit of the supposed experiment. Just that the results were the same, both in trailer and movie beats, it was the same exact formula. Possibly purposefully. And to be fair, almost every Hollywood sequel does that anyways.

Without a doubt it was on purpose. Capitalizing on previous success without any innovation. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't either way it can't be done forever without some backlash.  

7 hours ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

Since when did Travis start to suck.  I didn't realize that was actually him.  Just went back and listened to Goldfingers old stuff, significantly better drumming.

Travis is a great drummer ... when he isn't being overly flashy. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Travis has always been like this though, whether or not you guys have caught on before now.

50 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Travis is a great drummer ... when he isn't being overly flashy. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Travis has always been like this though, whether or not you guys have caught on before now.

The tone wasn't thick and obnoxious in your face the entire song, every song, though.  He never used to do this triple time near double bass pedal stuff every song, he used to have interesting fills and beats.  Yes he's always been over the top, but he fit it in perfectly before, go listen to Stockholm Syndrome, the drumming is literally perfect.  But now he keeps repeating the same beat as Parking Lot, sounds like shit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Feldmann is the only official member, he recorded with Mike Herrera from MXPX, Philip Sneed from Story Of The Year, and Travis. The former members are telling people not to support it haha.

Looks like Darrin (the drummer for the entire run up until now) is very open about things on Twitter, daaamn

That doesn't seem like he's super open about it. "Ego" and "Insanity" is pretty substandard information.