The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

3 hours ago, Scott. said:

Fucking hell we're so old. How can they not know blink???

Dammit, I knew everyone of those within seconds.  Definitely weird to see kids unaware, but I guess that's how many of us were with the 80s pop...we weren't around the hype.

"Makes me think of Guitar Hero" really sums things up though...is it not a coincidence that any kid born after 98' seem to look more and more cartoony?  I notice this with incoming athletes too, they look so bizarre to me and I feel like it's always being glued to computers. I remember filling in to help teach some high school kids, and when I asked what they like to do on summer weekends, a bunch of them dead serious said they 'hate the outdoors'.  They even went on to say "really just like to surf youtube on weekends" and these were the average kid. 

16 hours ago, boxelder said:

lol a surprising amount of them got it, i'm not surprised! where i'm from, ATST STILL gets played near-daily on our top 40 station.

Yeah, All the Small Things is still huge here as well. Literally everyone knows the song. If they don't know the band name or the song name, all you have to do is sing the "say it ain't so" part and pretty much everyone knows of the song. Same with I Miss You as well. But obviously that's not 90s haha.

If anyone doesn't know All the Small Things it's shocking IMO. Can understand if someone was born after 2010, but if they're like teenagers right now, there's just no forgiving them for not knowing that song! There's only 3 songs that I knew from that video though and I was born in the 90s haha. Obviously the blink one I know. That Verve one, I just know about the sample part. I'm like 90% sure I've heard it when football (soccer for Americans) is on the tv, just before the program starts, or when adverts are finishing/coming up. The other one is the MMMbop one, but if it wasn't for one of my friends telling me about that song recently, I wouldn't know it. He was shocked I didn't know of it haha.

21 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

Some people I know around my age (late 20's, early 30's) still don't know blink got back together and then kicked Tom out after so it makes sense the younger generation doesn't know blink outside of 1 or 2 songs, if at all.

Haha funny you mention this. Last year when blink was touring the US I had a couple friends that went out and saw blink that made facebook posts like "wow, didn't realize I was paying $100 to watch a blink 182 cover band."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

how did this happen? honestly. neighborhoods mark and current mark seem like two different people. he even seems a little different in interviews and shit, IMO. like he stopped caring or something

Well, to be fair, it would be more embarassing to hearing say that just after releasing California, hahaha.

7 hours ago, boxelder said:

how did this happen? honestly. neighborhoods mark and current mark seem like two different people. he even seems a little different in interviews and shit, IMO. like he stopped caring or something

My guess, Tom was one of the few people who held his feet to the fire? It is very strange.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, boxelder said:

I feel like he just gets influenced by sales numbers too much.  +44 didn't do THAT spectacular and he dropped that shit even though the music was amazing. Neighborhoods didn't keep Blink THAT relevant and he turns to sell out poop.  Which sells like mad and he seems to just sort of give up and do it.