The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

12 hours ago, FightingTheGravity said:

Snuck the LaNaNas in at the end! Impressive. He can't resist.

I don't think I can hate a drum and guitar production style as much as Feldmann's. If you close your eyes you can hear Travis and Matt in there. Think about that for a second. Blink 18 freaking 2 has transitioned into, this. 

It worked for old school Goldfinger for me, but that actually was sort of unique then.  

This is what Feldmann is good at though. Generic glossy pop songs with thick guitars and teenage lyrics. Credit to him for that, he can pump those out by the half hour. It's not Blink to me, but he is good for that.

Listening to that shit, amazing how much it proves the massive amount on influence Feldman  has on Blink's songs. Shitty guitar, terrible drum mix, vocals all EQ'd to high heaven, spoken word interludes, Na na na na's and of course, gang vocals. Got to have the gang vocals.

I just put on a MEST album for the first time in a while and I was like "this sounds a bit like California" and read in the liner notes that Feldmann produced it, he seems to have written lots of the music too. 

4 hours ago, thongrider said:

I just put on a MEST album for the first time in a while and I was like "this sounds a bit like California" and read in the liner notes that Feldmann produced it, he seems to have written lots of the music too. 

You think Feldmann was involved in the Mest singer killing that guy too?

“It’s classist and racist and then they decided to park a bunch of yachts with models to show off in front of those poor people, going down there with all your Ferraris and bulls— and yachts,” Skiba said.

well, too bad he's in a band with two guys who are 100% for that kind of thing. if they all felt so strongly about not playing, they wouldn't have agreed to it. 

• Like 2

I actually always appreciated his production on the three main Mest albums. Each album sounded better (production wise) than the last but never got too shiny/plastic/fake sounding.

7 hours ago, Kevin. said:

“It’s classist and racist and then they decided to park a bunch of yachts with models to show off in front of those poor people, going down there with all your Ferraris and bulls— and yachts,” Skiba said.

well, too bad he's in a band with two guys who are 100% for that kind of thing. if they all felt so strongly about not playing, they wouldn't have agreed to it. 

either that or matt has literally no say in the band and couldn't speak up to the guy who pays him to be there to say he thought it was a bad idea

23 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

At last, some truth.

I remember Mark saying Rabbit Hole sounds like it could of been on Enema...what a shitshow of a comment/comparison that was. 

I've always laughed at when blink tries to compare a song to another, or tries to describe how the song sounds. They're always off the mark. I remember Mark saying Rabbit Hole would be this fan favourite. Like how most of us love Kaleidoscope from Neighborhoods. Instead, it was San Diego that has become arguably the most liked song on this board.

They also called 6/8 one of the most strangest things blink have ever done. I'd argue that All of This, Fighting the Gravity, Fallen Interlude, Stockholm Syndrome, Violence, Feeling This, Cacophany and Snake Charmer sound more strange. Hell, even parts of Kaleidoscope (everything before first chorus) and Los Angeles (intro and verses) sound more strange to me.

Like yeah, 6/8 is different but sounds like it could belong on Sum 41's Chuck or Screaming Bloody Murder to me. Still love the song though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kevin. said:

I mean Mark drives a Prius and Travis wears the same ripped up clothes every day, I don't think they show off nearly as much as they could. Mark's arrogance is only part of his "act". I just assume the people in charge of the tour booked it, and the band probably didn't even notice it until a week before. They didn't even have the travel for it figured out until the weekend before. They cancelled my Knoxville show 2 days before just so Travis could get down to Miami and hop on a boat for it.

1 hour ago, ryan1125 said:

I mean Mark drives a Prius and Travis wears the same ripped up clothes every day, I don't think they show off nearly as much as they could. Mark's arrogance is only part of his "act". I just assume the people in charge of the tour booked it, and the band probably didn't even notice it until a week before. They didn't even have the travel for it figured out until the weekend before. They cancelled my Knoxville show 2 days before just so Travis could get down to Miami and hop on a boat for it.

Doesn't mark drive a model x?

2 hours ago, ryan1125 said:

This tour is badly booked from the start. They cancelled all the scandinavian shows as well a couple of weeks before they were supposed to play. Complaining about the travel. I don't think the one that is booking the tour was up to date with the band that Travis doesn't fly or something..

2 hours ago, ryan1125 said:

are you serious? i'm not trying to pull an Oliver here, but Travis has like 150 cars and one of them is a pointless monster truck. his ripped up clothes probably cost thousands of dollars. his kids are stereotypical "rich kids of instagram" who would probably have bought tickets to the festival anyway. Mark obviously isn't as bad when it comes to showing off, but his multi million dollar home he has in LA isn't exactly low key. I'm sure he also has another one somewhere in England. 

• Like 5