The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

51 minutes ago, Ghent said:

It will be pretty hilarious when Tom comes back and they continue to work with Feldmann. Music will be similar, but all the bots who spent months crying on here will suddenly love it. Guaranteed.

I doubt he'll be back, honestly.

I don't mind California, I like the Deluxe issue songs more but that's just me. None of those songs are bad per session, just a bit too cookie cutter and pop-centric for me personally. I still occasionally listen to it when I want something catchy that I don't have to think about ... I mean, that IS the point of those songs, isn't it? They are what they are, you know. I never counted on Blink to stimulate me intellectually anyway so I don't know why I'd pretend like they should now. I just wanna tap my foot and bob my head along.

5 hours ago, Mau5 said:

Worth the 20 minutes. The first long-youtube video that hasn't been made by either a Tom-Bot or someone with an invested interest in blink. Pretty objective, and what first starts out to be this fan-made tribute video turns into a really, really enticing mini-documentary. I think this guy has it spot on. It made me incredibly sad to see what's happened to my childhood hero.

Well... it all points to the direction exposed in that mini documentary. If that hipothesis is correct, I mean... I don't know how and where in the hell Tom is going to end up at the end of it all. I have no clue of how the entire thing will develop in the mid future, but the fact that they are, pretty much, warning their 'investors' that the shit could turn out pretty different to what they are saying now, it's just insane. I mean, that's something that happens in other environments, but come on... If they wanted, they could took the money and run, just saying "hey folks, we were wrong and we're not able to build that thing because we missed X thing". And that's it. You were warned of it when you invested your money.

And the other side: if that happens, and Tom doesn't see any cent, and he realizes he's been USED... dude, the guy would crawl as fuck. That's another interesting thing to try to guess: how Tom will end up mentally/socially,monetery speaking after all this shit crashes. And it will.

Just like at the end of that documentary - Tom will be so far deep that he wouldn't believe the truth if it hit him in the face. If they did that to an ordinary dude who stumbled upon government secrets - imagine what they would/could/are doing to someone whose had invested interest (enough to become a fucking freemason) in the subject with a semi-respectable platform to spout out his ideas to. 

It isn't so much a conspiracy than what has actually happened in the past before - and again, given Tom's platform, it really really seems logical. Tom isn't making up his co-workers credentials, he wasnt making up speaking to high level government officials - Tom has a basis to some of the shit he claims. He's also a business man, and is covering any potential "monetary" losses in his ventures  - but in the end, his mental state....well. He's not protecting that, to say the least.

Fucking eh.

I'm sorry but Army is a well crafted, intricate, fun and adorable song that shits all over blink at the best of times. I know thats not the discussion currently but someone putting Parking Lot above that... I legit can never respect your opinion again... purely ludicrous right there. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, Ghent said:

It will be pretty hilarious when Tom comes back and they continue to work with Feldmann. Music will be similar, but all the bots who spent months crying on here will suddenly love it. Guaranteed.

Says the guy most critical of Tom's AVA "Oh's and Yo's"...

11 hours ago, Kay said:

I'm sorry but Army is a well crafted, intricate, fun and adorable song that shits all over blink at the best of times. I know thats not the discussion currently but someone putting Parking Lot above that... I legit can never respect your opinion again... purely ludicrous right there. 

LOL classic “My opinion is the only one that matters” stance. 

Me saying Ben Folds sucks is just as valid as whatever you say sucks, FWIW. People have different opinions, not a big deal.

Tom’s Instagram post is interesting I guess... not sure what Travis would want to interview him about?

18 minutes ago, knapton said:

Travis and Tom are together as per Toms instagram. Looks like travis is filming him for some interview

Yep. Boxcar??? Omg. I'm so happy!!!!

Just kidding. I dunno. I'm sick of getting my hopes up. I'll just wait for Jar Jar and Ghent to say I'm in denial and call me a Tombot.

let's start to speculate! i don't think it's anything about blink's future with tom, i have a feeling it will be something about the past and present. probably a blink documentary is in the works, and now they try to reinterpret their relationship. i mean a blink documentary without tom would be weird. a documentary with an undisclosed relationship would be stupid. so they act like tom and the band's always been in good terms, because that's what the fans want to see... if they just leave out tom, it would be more strange than uc1 with no mention of scott.

12 hours ago, Kay said:

I had never heard Army nor listened to Ben Folds before ... I enjoyed it!

I'm fucking joking, that song was shit!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Kay said:

I'm sorry but Army is a well crafted, intricate, fun and adorable song that shits all over blink at the best of times.

army is OK but it's far from the best track on reinhold messner, or even could be counted among the band's best work, imo. i won't deny that folds is a talented songwriter, but that's just a track the label picked to be a single. it's hardly great. also it's from 99... kind of useless to compare it to CA deluxe. the question is, how does it hold up against blink in 99?

On 12/10/2017 at 5:08 AM, daveyjones said:

army is OK but it's far from the best track on reinhold messner, or even could be counted among the band's best work, imo. i won't deny that folds is a talented songwriter, but that's just a track the label picked to be a single. it's hardly great. also it's from 99... kind of useless to compare it to CA deluxe. the question is, how does it hold up against blink in 99?

I didn't claim it was the best track on the record, but I think it's a solid song in general and makes Parking Lot look like a bag of crap - and as someone else brought up that comparison, I'm just defending it.

I'm not sure how to really argue reinhold messner vs enema... I mean, Enema has a special place in my heart and I got into Ben Folds Five years later, so it's a different scale for me. I think from a pure musical talent perspective Ben Folds Five have it completely, but as for the rest it depends on what you're looking for. Blink's music is generally more simplistic and aimed at typical hook style songs so if you're going for pure catchiness then blink would win it, but I think reinhold messner has more soul. 

I mean, from that record, the 'best' track is a toss up between Narcolepsy (like @Nasa said) or Magic. I do think Army is a highlight, though. 

I actually prefer Whatever and Ever Amen as a record anyway

• Like 1