The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

11 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I know multiple people who have done internships at Disneyland/world and they're all extremely weird.

I’ve read that the internship at Disney is the biggest fuck fest in the world. Hundreds of 19/20 year olds in their own hotel buildings and no class or responsibility other than the work day in the summertime. All they do is drink and fuck when they get off work.

Their pitch was 'this is the difference maker on your resume'  'we've seen people get hired after graduating because it was a great conversation starter during their interview'

Such bullshit looking back. Glad I sniffed through it, my roommate wanted to escape the winter.  But like I said, he was never the same again.

I have never been to any of the disney lands. never really understood the appeal, seems like a few dozen panic attacks waiting to happen. it is kinda weird that Mark and the famalam continue to go. I understood it when his son was younger but idk why they keep going. something to do, I guess. 

• Like 1

Yeah I'm sure he probably has a yearly pass to come and go as he pleases, and probably some sort of VIP parking and ability to skip lines which makes it convenient. Obviously Skye/Jack enjoy it so it may just be a family bonding thing, everyone's family has their own thing when it comes to that. We would play Yahtzee all the time. I also think Mark enjoys being recognized to an extent, and that seems like a nice safe place to have people run up to you and ask for a picture. 

Local or international amusement parks were never my kind of thing and I've never been a fan of riding fair rides, I just feel like if amusement parks can have accidents, those pop up fairs are worse. My brother says it's a stupid way to look at it but my childhood was cool even without this kind of activities. 

• Like 1

i pretty much just ignore it. i have a fondness for some of the songs on it, namely cynical (good tune) and SOOHM (so catchy and by-the-numbers blink i can't deny it). but for the most part, it feels distinctly different and regrettable, almost like a different band

• Like 3

It is a different band. I still let Sober and Last Train Home play out when it comes on a playlist, admittingly at the gym or something...  But I look at it as a couple bonus songs by Mark...just like that Dogs Go To Heaven song.  Just fun bonus tracks with no emotional attachment to it.  The rest kind of dried out, even Cynical & Hey I'm Sorry, my two personal favorites when it came out.

I was considering the melody of those parts too. Misery is the most overrated song on here.  Don't know how anyone can listen to it and hear Blink 182.

The first 20 seconds or so are great.. Then it's just more vomit-inducing feldmann generic chorus.  I do like the bridge though.