The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Disney is a magical place for families. Fun relaxed time without punk college kids and drunkards. Which one does Mark go to? He seems like the type of guy to waste the time flying from London to California even though theres Disney locations in Europe and Disney World in Florida

Idk bro but Travis' family doesn't go with him so chill.

• Like 2

I gotta agree with Jan, Brendan. Misery is just awful. 

I still listen to 6/8 and Last Train Home on a rare occasion. I don't even listen to the ones I liked from original California, few that they were. I can't even spin San Diego now, and that was my favourite of the bunch. 

i still listen to california regularly, and i still like at least 23 out of the 28 songs.

the best/outstanding songs:

Cynical - 9/10
Bored To Death - 9/10
Long Lost Feeling - 9/10

the better songs:

Left Alone - 8/10
Don't Mean Anything - 8/10
Hey I'm Sorry - 8/10
Good Old Days - 8/10
California - 8/10
Rabbit Hole - 8/10
No Future - 8/10
Misery - 8/10
She's Out Of Her Mind - 8/10
Sober - 8/10
Teenage Satellites - 8/10
Parking Lot - 7/10
Wildfire - 7/10
Bored To Death (Acoustic) - 7/10

the good/average songs:

6/8 - 6/10
The Only Thing That Matters - 6/10
Brohemian Rhapsody - 6/10
Can't Get You More Pregnant - 6/10
Built This Pool - 6/10
Home Is Such A Lonely Place - 6/10
Last Train Home - 5/10
Kings Of The Weekend - 5/10
San Diego - 5/10

the bad/meh songs:

Los Angeles - 4/10
Bottom Of The Ocean - 3/10

5 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Disney is a magical place for families. Fun relaxed time without punk college kids and drunkards. Which one does Mark go to? He seems like the type of guy to waste the time flying from London to California even though theres Disney locations in Europe and Disney World in Florida

Are you allowed to visit there as someone on the sex offender registry?

• Like 1

I listen to some California songs now and then. Bored to Death is still a great song for me. Los Angeles is still great for me too, never understood the hate of this song but I've loved it since day one.

I liked Bottom of the Ocean since day one too but that has grown into one of my favourite blink songs since the reunion. Long Lost Feeling I still listen to regularly. 6/8 is still a great listen.

All in all, these are the songs I'll listen to quite a bit

Bored to Death
Los Angeles
6/8
Bottom of the Ocean
Long Lost Feeling

Then these are the ones I'll still listen to, just nowhere near as much (still think these are great songs though)

Last Train Home
Misery
Home Is Such a Lonely Place
San Diego

One song I just thought was boring when I first listened to it, but now has grown on me, The Only Thing That Matters. As for the two others that I like Left Alone & Hey I'm Sorry, I just hate the choruses and the woahs of these songs. The verses are fucking great for both IMO. Good Old Days is ok, it's not as catchy as it should be IMO. It's trying to be a pop song the way ATSM, The Rock Show do and hell even First Date but it's nowhere near as memorable as those tracks.

The other songs are trash IMO. That includes Cynical, never understood the hype of that song on these boards either. The only other song that could've been great is KOTW but the lyrics let that down way too much for me.

8 hours ago, NotNow said:

Misery is arguably the best song they've released since the reunion. Definitely top 3.

Not sure if it's top 3 for me, but I do love Misery for sure. Misery, 6/8, Hey I'm Sorry, and BTD Acoustic are top tier on Deluxe for me. BTD Acoustic is a sleeper, I always sorta forget about it and then just love Skiba's voice on it every time. It is so nice hearing him sing and not do the yelling thing.

I gave California a spin at the gym a few weeks ago and was loving it. I had even forgot about Rabbit Hole and was enjoying that.

I don't listen to it any more or less than I do other Blink stuff.

Side Notes:

Mark's in the studio with Amy Shark, who Tom is a huge fan of and was supposedly planning on working with. 

Mark/Skye were at a show last night where Ilan was playing with Paul McCartney and Matt Bellamy. Small world.

Travis liked a comment where someone wrote "I post Tom Delonge memes all day". Weird.

3 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Side Notes:

Mark's in the studio with Amy Shark, who Tom is a huge fan of and was supposedly planning on working with. 

Mark/Skye were at a show last night where Ilan was playing with Paul McCartney and Matt Bellamy. Small world.

Travis liked a comment where someone wrote "I post Tom Delonge memes all day". Weird.

Honestly, I think the beef between Mark and Tom has cooled off.  Mark tagged Tom in the Twitter post for  the Untitled  record anniversary last November. Travis has been hanging with Tom. And  really the most press blink has gotten since Cali was because of Tom and his alien hunt.

Not to say they are anywhere close to hanging or, you know, making music. That may never happen again. But I think that they might say hey to each other if Mark and Tom ever accidentally ran into each other on the street (or Disneyland) which is a far cry from where they were 2-3 years ago.

• Like 1

Las time I listened something out off California was Bored to Death and 6/8. That was like... 3 or 4 months ago.

Edit: oh, I almost forget to say it. I absolutely love the line "In betwen whispers and screams you permeate my soul". I think that only line is brilliant. I don't know why but to me it really fits in the description of a toxic relationship, the type in which you're kinda trapped through the ups and obscure downs being unable to leave and step outside of that mountain of shit. Sweet nothing whispers on one side, and screams on the other, whle that person is just drilling you. Brutal.

misery was so bad to me. sounds like anything any band trying to sound like blink c. 2006 would've put out. i remember just sighing when i heard it. cali deluxe is the all-time worst thing mark or travis (or matt) have ever been involved with. a forgettable mess and wildly generic. 6/8 showed promise, i suppose, but that was it. and even that sounded like a joke

• Like 3

Yeah, I have no idea how the songs from the DLX sound like, I only remember Misery because of the nice bridge.

I heard Bored to Death on the radio the other day and I was thinking that it's still their best song. The last time I've heard some California songs was last July at their gig though. Whenever I want to listen to some post-reunion blink, I just play the Dogs Eating Dogs EP. It's so underrated. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

Yeah, I have no idea how the songs from the DLX sound like, I only remember Misery because of the nice bridge.

I heard Bored to Death on the radio the other day and I was thinking that it's still their best song. The last time I've heard some California songs was last July at their gig though. Whenever I want to listen to some post-reunion blink, I just play the Dogs Eating Dogs EP. It's so underrated. 

Definitely agree, I love that EP. Mark harmonising with Tom on that pre-chorus of Boxing Day is one of the most blink sounding moments since the reunion. Their voices contrast so much yet sound so great together. No matter how many back and forth vocals Mark did with Skiba on California, they don't compare to Mark & Tom even on their moments together on Neighborhoods. Mark in Ghost on the Dance Floor or the way Tom comes in on Kaleidoscope. Mark and Tom in When I Was Young, just great blink moments.

Just wish those two did the same thing with Heart's All Gone like they do live. If that happened, that song could've possibly topped Feeling This IMO. It's already near perfect.

The only California/DLX song that sounds close to the Mark & Tom harmonising/call & response vocals is Last Train Home in the chorus. But that's only cause Skiba is singing high whilst Mark is singing low. Skiba doesn't sound different enough to Mark to pull of what Tom did with Mark IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boxelder said:

misery was so bad to me. sounds like anything any band trying to sound like blink c. 2006 would've put out. i remember just sighing when i heard it. cali deluxe is the all-time worst thing mark or travis (or matt) have ever been involved with. a forgettable mess and wildly generic. 6/8 showed promise, i suppose, but that was it. and even that sounded like a joke

Hmm idk what's worse tbh.  Deluxe has the worst moments of all time (Parking Lot, choruses on almost all, wildfire, get you pregnant) but it also has more tolerable tracks than California (Long Lost Feeling, Last Train).

I guess I would say Cali is slightly slightly better because they at least attempted to keep some Blink heart it in very sparingly (Only thing that matters, San Diego about Tom, Bored to death)

• Like 1