The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

@Nosferatu

Ghent made thread about blink going back into studio as it was mentioned by Travis

that thread was tied to the blink-182online twitter account, had lots of views, got about ten pages long

thread was mostly on-topic but wasn't too kind to California, lots of discussion about negativity, Feldmann, Alkaline Trio, etc and how the fans view that record and the band's current shape

Ghent deletes thread because he thinks it's toxic and would scare away potential posters

am I missing anything?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

@Nosferatu

Ghent made thread about blink going back into studio as it was mentioned by Travis

that thread was tied to the blink-182online twitter account, had lots of views, got about ten pages long

thread was mostly on-topic but wasn't too kind to California, lots of discussion about negativity, Feldmann, Alkaline Trio, etc and how the fans view that record and the band's current shape

Ghent deletes thread because he thinks it's toxic and would scare away potential posters

am I missing anything?

The part where I was accused of censorship when I hadn't censored anything should come between bullet point 3 and 4. Because of this, I didn't reach out to Oliver before going rogue. The thread would have just been cleaned up, rather than deleted, otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I don't think it would scare away new posters. At the end of the day, as soon as they join, they're gonna see negativity about California and Feldman on other threads as well.

This is the consensus for sure.

I was wrong to propose a thread for California critiquing.

1 hour ago, Olidamus said:

I actually thought the safe space thread was a good idea. Not sure what happened there.

Yeah! It was actually nice to see peoples positive thoughts about the two albums. We should start a new safe space

Parking Lot is still my car jam. I can't help myself to scream CHICAGO along with Matt. Just can't

Edit: The California Safe Space. Great name for a thread

• Like 1

It ended up being the same complaints as in every other thread, just delivered in a tad less dramatic/angry fashion. I could start up a California Safe Space but unless it's heavily moderated it will be kind of pointless. And if I heavily moderate it, it will be "censoring" and i'll get scolded

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

It ended up being the same complaints as in every other thread, just delivered in a tad less dramatic/angry fashion. I could start up a California Safe Space but unless it's heavily moderated it will be kind of pointless. And if I heavily moderate it, it will be "censoring" and i'll get scolded

Stop abusing your powers!!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Can't be as bad as this!

10 hours ago, Olidamus said:

As a guitarist myself, they aren't the same, but it's the same concept each time. Have a lower note that moves around while picking the same two upper notes (if that makes sense) Tom did it a lot as well (WMAA). But at least Tom was clever with it and didn't use it with tons of songs.

Got to wonder if Matt is the one writing those riffs, or is it Feldman........

Since his stuff in AK is much different.....we might assume the worst.

It's not so much the concept of playing a different root note and playing constant upper notes. That's classic blink. It's more the fact that Matt doesn't play with the formula. When Matt does it, he is playing the bottom note twice, and then the top note once, almost every time. Tom at least played around with the order. What's My Age Again and Dammit use the same idea but they're totally different sounding riffs. Matt** took Tom's riff from Story of a Lonely Guy and used it on almost every song.

**probably Feldmann

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

It's not so much the concept of playing a constant root note and playing different upper notes. That's classic blink. It's more the fact that Matt doesn't play with the formula. When Matt does it, he is playing the bottom note twice, and then the top note once, almost every time. Tom at least played around with the order. What's My Age Again and Dammit use the same idea but they're totally different sounding riffs. Matt took Tom's riff from Story of a Lonely Guy and used it on almost every song.

Or the bassline from the intro of Mutt

3 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

@Nosferatu

am I missing anything?

When did the board get a twitter? 

This page runs google ads.  Is this all a ploy to snag more ad revenue?  Explains all the mods going rogue lately.  Guess Ghent's idol was Tom all along.  When can we buy some b182online merch?

Tom might not be in Blink anymore, but he lives on through these mods.

And royalties.

8 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

This page runs google ads.  Is this all a ploy to snag more ad revenue?  Explains all the mods going rogue lately.  Guess Ghent's idol was Tom all along.  When can we buy some b182online merch?

Tom might not be in Blink anymore, but he lives on through these mods.

And royalties.

@Dean can probably confirm but I always assumed the ads were to cover the hosting and domain costs.