The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

43 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

Matt sucks. I really like the guy but he is a terrible fit to replace Tom.

Three years with the band and he still fucks up a lot and is so damn boring on stage.

Yea. I thought alkaline trio + blink with a twist of experimental would be the bomb. Songs like into the night, lost and rendered, help me, she lied could all be awesome with mark/travis. But sadly... feldmann. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Cool they played Don't Leave Me and Hearts all gone is a song that really works live despite it not being that great sounding on the record.

Matt does need to sort his shit, Tom used to make mistakes through laziness and sloppiness - it's pretty clear that Matt just struggles when playing lead.

Matt would be the perfect backup guitarist/vocalist for Tom. Tom could get drunk and play the lead parts and Skiba would hold the song together in the background. There are also certain vocal parts that Matt is much better at delivering than Tom.

I think people underrate how hard of a job it is to replace Tom. All things considered I think Skiba is doing a pretty good job. 

• Like 1

Was anyone else in denial about Matt for awhile? Cool guy; blink was back; wanted it to work so bad. Even when I saw them live I could tell he was a bad fit but I made excuses for it. Finally had to admit the truth to myself.

it still works on some level.... i think it still has potential but it’s not ideal.

32 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Was anyone else in denial about Matt for awhile? Cool guy; blink was back; wanted it to work so bad. Even when I saw them live I could tell he was a bad fit but I made excuses for it. Finally had to admit the truth to myself.

it still works on some level.... i think it still has potential but it’s not ideal.

You never want anything to work 

Saw someone posted on the blink subreddit saying Mark will be on KROQ tomorrow. If that's true, it's gotta be to announce a summer tour, right? 

Famous Burruo replied to their merch guy on instagram about seeing them at Weenie Roast so I’m betting it’s that announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

IMG_2580.JPG

Matt still needs a lyric monitor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Matt, I really do, but he clearly hasn't even attempted to really learn blink-182 songs. He messes up on guitar all the damn time and still reads the lyrics. Come on. Just take a few days to get the songs down. That's all it would take. Especially songs you've already been playing live for three years.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I like Matt, I really do, but he clearly hasn't even attempted to really learn blink-182 songs. He messes up on guitar all the damn time and still reads the lyrics. Come on. Just take a few days to get the songs down. That's all it would take. Especially songs you've already been playing live for three years.

It could just be a nerve/anxiety thing.  Sometimes you just can't get comfortable in a situation and one as big as blink can psyche a more introverted guy like Skiba out...it's really the only thing I can think of, because the easiest parts he can't keep together.

Like he could just be getting shirfaced too to cope with it, that's how the guitar playing comes off a bit.

Matt plays his guitar 95% perfect, sings the songs like the records, and gets shit on for flubs.

Tom showed up promoting AVA merch and purposely fucked up on songs and danced around the stage like an idiot, drunk out of his mind and only caring about getting a paycheck and it’s totally cool and everyone misses him.

Blink board logic at is finest.

• Like 4