The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

7 hours ago, Whales said:

Random subject change: I don't see much talk about After Midnight, which is easily one of my top 5 Blink songs. What does everyone think of it?

most people here love it.

and they're all wrong, bloody boring song. 

I liked the song more when blink first played it live before it was released. The song sounded huge, especially in the bridge. Lyrically, it's fine. I love the poppy melodies. But the way the song sounds on the recorded version is boring. I really wished they played it closer to the live version, which was far from boring.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Whales said:

no u

I'm mostly jesting for sport, music is subjective. I still hate the song though haha

44 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Hey, I just wanted to say, Thanks for joining our community and becoming an active poster!

I feel like we don't appreciate new people enough.

Truth. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Olidamus said:

Hey, I just wanted to say, Thanks for joining our community and becoming an active poster!

I feel like we don't appreciate new people enough.

Thanks! Tbh, I was an avid AvA Movement forum reader before coming here, but that community is pretty much dead at this point. It's neat to see this one as lively as it is considering how old it is.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Whales said:

Random subject change: I don't see much talk about After Midnight, which is easily one of my top 5 Blink songs. What does everyone think of it?

I like it a lot, like someone else said though I was expecting it to be more dynamic on the album based off the live videos that were floating around. Like a lot of Neighborhoods tracks it is a good song that could've been great with the right producer cultivating the ideas with them.

3 hours ago, horchata said:

What do you guys think Skiba's cut of shows is? Surely they're not splitting the band's amount in thirds - or maybe? Is Skiba making the same amount as mark and travis?

When Tom was there I knew it was like 330k each.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, horchata said:

What do you guys think Skiba's cut of shows is? Surely they're not splitting the band's amount in thirds - or maybe? Is Skiba making the same amount as mark and travis?

it’s one of the things i’m most intrigued about the bands current situation and how much tom still gets.

1 hour ago, thongrider said:

From shows:

Tom 60 %

Mark 25%

Travis 10%

Skiba 5%

From records 

Feldmann: 70%

Mark: 10%

Skiba 10%

Travis 10%

I laughed at the Feldman 70% thing. Exaggerated but definitely true at the same time haha.