The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Should I, the early version of Asthenia, I always wanted to hear that, I mean we can (and some fans have in the past) piece it roughly together to get an idea of what it might sound like from Album Launch and the Cheetah vids, but I'd so love to hear a coherent mix.  And then I'm really intrigued obviously by Afraid and Ryan's Song.  Can't imagine what either of those turned into (if they even turned into anything they did release).  Then of course just the rough mixes in general of all the songs I would die to listen to.  I want that content!!!!

Edit: here's the poorly pieced together Should I mix I remember fans uploaded to youtube years ago:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boxelder said:

feeling this was actually the last song to be mixed according to mtv album launch. even the madden 04 version is different in its mixing/other ways

As I recall in Album Launch they said they got 2 or 3 final mixes of Feeling This from different people and ultimately went with Jerry Finn's mix, but if I recall correctly they had Tom Lord-Alge do a mix of it as well, I'd so love to hear his.  Don't know if this Feeling This was one of the other final mixes, or just an earlier mix altogether.

45 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Should I, the early version of Asthenia, I always wanted to hear that, I mean we can (and some fans have in the past) piece it roughly together to get an idea of what it might sound like from Album Launch and the Cheetah vids, but I'd so love to hear a coherent mix.  And then I'm really intrigued obviously by Afraid and Ryan's Song.  Can't imagine what either of those turned into (if they even turned into anything they did release).  Then of course just the rough mixes in general of all the songs I would die to listen to.  I want that content!!!!

Edit: here's the poorly pieced together Should I mix I remember fans uploaded to youtube years ago:

I'll never forget the first time I heard Asthenia..was amazing.  We used to always pick our favorite Self Titled songs amongst friends and my friend who past away had Asthenia, he was obsessed with it.  I always claimed Violence.

13 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I didn't like Violence much I remember. 

I don't get why people automatically think this is the early version of Ashtenia. 

"Should I" because of the chorus, in both the early leaks and the final version it's "Should I come back" / "Should I go back" so it makes sense. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kay said:

"Should I" because of the chorus, in both the early leaks and the final version it's "Should I come back" / "Should I go back" so it makes sense. 

"should i've got caught" was the first working title. they mentioned it with this title in the very first kerrang/altpress interview in the summer of 2003.

anyone seen this? aside from their dogshit music, i find it interesting a duo this famous is using old-school clips of blink in front of tens of thousands (check the video screen behind them, i know one is tom from the josie video)

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 1:30 PM, Elisa said:

She's legit. She has been taking care of blink's business in Europe since 2016. She basically does what their manager (Gus Brandt) does for blink in America. Which I don't really know what it is but she's real and that rough mixes are real too. 

What is her IG handle? 

They were pretty ahead of their time with all that stuff. They had behind the scenes documentaries and constant web videos/updates long before that was made easy with social media. I think that was a HUGE part of their appeal back in the day, you ended up feeling like you were a part of the gang or at least like you got to know them as people way more than any other band.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

They were pretty ahead of their time with all that stuff. They had behind the scenes documentaries and constant web videos/updates long before that was made easy with social media. I think that was a HUGE part of their appeal back in the day, you ended up feeling like you were a part of the gang or at least like you got to know them as people way more than any other band.

Yes exactly. I remember scrolling through the videos on their homepage. Wish they would do more of it now. Kinda funny when it gets easier to put videos out they stopped doing it. There are some AVA studio videos though that are pretty cool. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 182Tim said:

I actually watched the MTV album launch the other night, and started to feel nostalgic.

Sad that those days are long gone.

Yep. I think if the blinkumentary footage was to ever surface we'd get a lot of the nostalgia back.

• Like 2