The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Came in to see if there was any blink news and sure enoughdivise politics being spewed and nothing bout blink as usual... is anything even happening with this band? Did see they have some east coast shows scheduled and was thinking bout going to Mohegan sun in CT as it’s closest to me but it just isn’t worth the money and hassle 

11 hours ago, daveyjones said:

hey it's cool man, you're speaking from your ultra-safe, somewhat anonymous, utterly homogeneous internet connection just above the baltic. there are plenty of nasty words the russians use for the finns that would probably get the shit kicked out of you in bar in helsinki if you used them in anger.

and speaking for myself, if you ever used the N word, out loud, in public, here in the states i'd be the first in (a probably very long line) of people waiting to beat the shit out of you.

To be fair it's pretty common knowledge that MSandt is a racist piece of shit.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

The problem with liberals such as Mark Hoppus, Tom Delonge, Matt Skiba, and Green Day is they just want open borders. No wall, no screening or background checks. 

Mexico has a trade deficit with the US, so you pay a bunch of people to build a wall. You cant go through a wall. You cant climb over it. Seems simple to me. 

These liberals turn it into a race issue, but its not hard to figure out why there's never been talk of securing the Canadian border. 

What the fuck? 

• Like 4

Wow wait until you hear Alk3’s “Goodbye Fire Island” (based on Blink’s cancellation of that Fyre Festival) and “Throw Me to the Lions”... both could be Blink songs IMHO and a small glimpse of what Skiba Blink could’ve been... he shines on their new album, with plenty of different guitar parts lol.

Yea I've noticed Skiba has more guitar parts in like 2 new Alk songs than all of California.  Just wanna go out and say a major fuck you to Skiba for completely using blink's invite for loads of money, while bringing nearly zero creative input and efforts. Or to the guy who's forcing him this way.

59 minutes ago, Vera Mathews Band said:

Yea I've noticed Skiba has more guitar parts in like 2 new Alk songs than all of California.  Just wanna go out and say a major fuck you to Skiba for completely using blink's invite for loads of money, while bringing nearly zero creative input and efforts. Or to the guy who's forcing him this way.

Come on, Jan, you know it's not his fault. The new Trio album has some interesting guitar parts and melodies that could have done wonders to California but apparently there's so little he can bring to blink and it's a big shame. 

if it was me, I would of slapped one of the feldmann underlings who thought they could write my songs. then I'd play feldmann and mark's head like the bongos. this punk rock boy aint selling out for no one

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

he wrote and recorded an entire album with blink but they decided to throw it away and have feldmann write the music instead. if that happened to me i'd say fuck it all and collect the paycheck too

This is more likely the case, especially after the early interviews when they said they wrote like 30 songs but Feldy didn't like them.  My problem with giving him the benefit of the doubt is he still hasn't learned their easy riffs correctly and still needs a teleprompter. That screams lack of effort, but it could be also part to do with getting his creative input castrated?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vera Mathews Band said:

Just wanna go out and say a major fuck you to Skiba for completely using blink's invite for loads of money, while bringing nearly zero creative input and efforts.

he was only doing it for the cash, i think everybody knows that. he's been fairly honest about that. more power to him.

• Like 1

I don't think Skiba cares too much about the cash, his apartment or whatever he lives in looks crappy. He got a new car/motorcycle and that's about it. When I saw him last week he was sharing a tour bus with Dan/Jerrod, wouldn't you think he'd have a private bus by now if he cared?

IMO he has great intentions and contributes, it's just obvious that Blink is a corporation with a certain image/genre they want to portray, for which Mark has final say. He instantly contributed and was told that his songs weren't "Blink enough" and "too much Alk3" so how would that make you feel? I'd probably sit back as well.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I don't think Skiba cares too much about the cash, his apartment or whatever he lives in looks crappy. He got a new car/motorcycle and that's about it. When I saw him last week he was sharing a tour bus with Dan/Jerrod, wouldn't you think he'd have a private bus by now if he cared?

oh, skiba is smart, that's why. record an album and tour for a year and there's your retirement nest egg. done.

i wasn't suggesting skiba is into blowing money or conspicuous consumption or anything like that. i just said he took the gig for the cash. not that he's a money grubber who loves cash. smart guy.

• Like 1

I'd like to know why he didn't use "Goodbye Fire Island" as a Blink song, it's about Blink cancelling that Fyre Festival, and sounds like it could be a Skiba Blink song... that sucks that he still isn't comfortable bringing this type of song up to the table for fear that it doesn't conform to the "Blink" sound. (And it sucks even worse if he did and was told it wasn't "Blink enough" or didn't fit their mold). 

"White meat festival" and "Feed me pills and happy meals" are some of the lyrics... LOL. I guess you don't want to offend the teens you are catering to?