The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

3 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

yup the first EOTS CD's had an uppercase B on the logo on her shirt! The band preferred it lowercase so when they printed more it was fixed. There is also a 3rd version with no red cross on her hat. Fun things to keep an eye out for if you see these at a cheap resale shop or garage sale or something!

I have the EOTS with no red cross (isn’t that the most common version?) but I never knew about the uppercase B version! Cool stuff.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 11:31 AM, Nosferatu said:

Curious on his opinion for Neighborhoods haha.

He digs it. Not his favorite album but he likes it well enough. Too young to hear the mixing issues etc me thinks. But it's the one he "grew up with" so it probably has sentimental value. He was like 6 when it came out and I felt comfortable playing it the whole way through without  excessive swear words (and y'know, I was obsessed). I'll ask him tonight haha

• Like 1

I didn't even notice Mark was saying "tonight" on it for like 10 years. I remember reading the lyric booklet and thinking to myself "wait a minute. The got the lyrics in this wrong. He's singing I'll never forget you"

But I hear tonight clearly now haha. I'm guessing they thought it wouldn't be obvious when it came to "the rock sh-" part. I sometimes do similar kinda stuff when editing my songs. Created a back up vocal by copying and pasting the main vocal line onto a new track. Then I used pitch correction to change the notes of the melody and made them way higher. Sounds so bad and robotic by itself but when merged with the song as a whole, you don't hear the pitch correction since it's very low in the mix.

Sometimes use fade in effects to get rid of the sss and ttt noises if I feel the EQ can't do enough for it. Annoying as hell when I sing a word for eg "don't". It'll sound like "don'tT". It's all part of the Nosferatu Factory.

14 hours ago, knapton said:

that is super weird how none of them noticed it

Anyways, doesn't look looe a big deal, as far as it seems like nobody noticed it over all this years until someone pointed it out in 2018 :P

Other than that, my bet is that they sent the wrong version of the song. Like a not final one or the working one. I'ms saying this because I can't believe he passed that mistake on the studio, when we knoe they hear isolated tracks over and over and over. So, maybe they had the ggod one ready to go, but just sent the bad one for the final master. Shit like this happens from time to time.

4 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Always thought that it was quite cool that Mark and Tom were wearing a Dance Hall Crashers shirt and Unwritten Law shirt in the M&M's video and then 3 years later they mention those bands in Josie :)

they played together quite a bit. then of course there's mark's relationship...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mrbuttchinsx11t7 said:

Similarly, is anyone else bugged by how “alone” is kinda cut off at the end of the first chorus of I Won’t Be Home for Christmas?

This reminds me of this Reddit thread about little nuances like this in their songs. Pretty interesting read, especially if you hadn't heard them before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dook said:

This reminds me of this Reddit thread about little nuances like this in their songs. Pretty interesting read, especially if you hadn't heard them before. 

Holy shit, I've never noticed some of these. Didn't realise the riff in the intro of Dumpweed was slightly out of time. Sounds like the hi-hat and riff don't stick in time with each other now that I hear it. If it wasn't for that reddit thread I wouldn't notice that at all haha.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dook said:

Does Scott Russo actually do a bunch of backup vocals on Dude Ranch? Listening now to see if i can tell. 

Also i never knew what mark was saying in violence. I could hear it but never paid attention to it. 

Edit: can kinda hear the russo thing but it also just sounds like mark. 

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I know this isn't blink but it reminded me of the whole discussion about Mark changing the lyrics to Apple Shampoo. What do you guys think?

It's in part because of the line "Once a whore, you’re nothing more/I’m sorry that’ll never change"

Every song that has ever offended someone should either be censored, changed, or never played live or on the radio EVER again. 

• Like 1

I don't have an issue with the lyric itself, the song overall is quite childish. As a songwriter though, I can totally see where she's coming from. She probably feels very embarrassed by the song overall not just that lyric, purely from a 'catty girl aggressive bullshit' perspective. She's not a kid anymore, it's an ugly representation of being a teen and Paramore have grown up a lot thematically since then. I can see why fans would be pissed though, it's like their biggest hit. But you can still listen to the record, and there's a loads of old live recordings. No one is really losing anything. Her song, her band, her choice.

• Like 5