The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

PLG is way different to AVA in my opinion. Yeah it has synths and delayed guitars but it has all the pop punk guitars that blink are known for. That song and WIWY were the most pop punk sounding songs from blink during the Neighborhoods/DED era I think. I love the song but the rap is so out of place. Really wish they would release a non rap version of it like they said they would. The lyrics of it kinda contrast to Tom's lyrics. Tom's lyrics in that are fucking amazing in that song though. Honest too. At least back when it was released anyway, considering it looks like Tom and his wife are now divorced.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I haven't listened to blink much in the past year, but I listened to half of Neighborhoods the other night and I loved every second of it. I honestly think it might be in my top 3 blink albums, which is crazy to me because it was my least favorite for a few years.

I can throu DED in NEighborhoods, and take off those songs I don't like that much, and it fits and makes a good record.

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

jesus fucking Christ I’m beginning to hate this band. They make me sick. 40 year old blokes. Absolute cringe.

I dunno, at least with that, I get it.  The band is huge and namedrop blink in their biggest song, even though I'm not a fan, it's pretty cool for blink to work something out with a group that are clearly fans of theirs (and let's be honest, helped keep blink in the zeitgeist in recent years).

• Like 1

I mean I don't see it any different than the Aoki thing.  Forgettable stuff but honestly might prefer it to everything California is.

That Chainsmokers song was talking about playing blink songs in the past, not the current blink, so I'm sure it was bittersweet.  Matt just strolls along banking off blinks prior success lol.

i'm with Ghent on this one. Relax and don't form your opinion until you've heard the music My expactations are super low based on what we got with California, but they might do something decent this time around.

It's not blink anyway. it's just called blink because it sells better. i don't give a fuck if it flops

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I would love Kanye West on a blink song but that'll never ever happen. Plus I think he'd work better with blink only if Tom was still in the band, since Tom brings more of that electronic influence that Kanye has in his songs.

They could replace Skiba with Kanye and he STILL wouldn't collaborate with blink-182. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kanye wouldn't work with them. I mean, really? He's Kanye. Chainsmokers are collab worthy because they're a flash in the pan and won't be around in 10 years. They're the new LMFAO or 3OH3! or whatever those groups were.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Kanye wouldn't work with them. I mean, really? He's Kanye. Chainsmokers are collab worthy because they're a flash in the pan and won't be around in 10 years. They're the new LMFAO or 3OH3! or whatever those groups were.

Oh my, don't mention that name again. Literally hated that party song whatever it was called haha. Most annoying fucking song ever.

Regarding Kanye though, I dunno, he has worked with Travis. So there's definitely some kind of mutual respect between them. He's worked with 30 Seconds to Mars before, but I think anyone wouldn't say no to Jared Leto. Despite all that though, I just can't ever see it happening. Mark is way too PC nowadays whereas Kanye is just Kanye.

I think Blink could pick cooler bands (so not pop stars) to collab with, but also who cares? I'm as much of a Blink purist as anyone, but single collabs can and should be with anyone because it can be fun and something different. I don't care for them on albums just because albums should be your work and only have features at the most, in my opinion. I don't really like the Aoki collab, but I also don't have to deal with skipping it on an album. It's just a song Blink did with another artist and some people love it.

• Like 1