The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

35 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

as far as i know the shoes were made in indonesia from the beginning. saban obviously has not bought the brand to make it prosper, macbeth was probably a competitor of another vegan footwear brand of theirs, so they just wanted to get rid of it - at least in the usa and europe.

but when they bought the brand, they probably needed to continue a contract with the manufacturer. or maybe the south-east asia region was a really good market (they save the import/export costs).

both scenarios make sense but i do know that macbeth was pretty massive in south east asia. they had stand alone stores in malls there and the brand was big with action sports athletes/musicians 

7 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yup, Feldy owns Trav/Blink IMHO. Could you imagine the outrage if Tom tried to get Blink to play a "TO THE STARS" show in San Diego that Tom was hosting and benefiting financially from? Mark would've flipped.

This made me cringe:

"Join us for a family friendly festival weekend in the sand inside Huntington State Beach this April 27th & 28th! Kids under 10 get in free the entire festival with paid adult admission plus access to the Lil' Punk Kidzone which is a fun all-inclusive area for kids 10 & under who are accompanied by an adult."

you bring up a pretty interesting point in which my opinion where alot of the turmoil and drama starts.  travis joins the band enema is huge FSAS launches.  its his line w friends blink plays store opening.  mark/tom launch atticus/macbeth/loserkids blinks on the dragging the lake samplers everyone supports everyones stuff becomes a very family esque were all making tons of money our fans are eating this up let the good times roll.

you look at a band like rancid that has side projects galore with every member.  lars and the bastards, transplants, devils brigade, tim's solo stuff, they all collab on those projects support eachother and rancid fans have had a "new release" almost every year for quite some time because of that supportive environment.  there was a disconnect that happened with blink that no longer allowed that internal support.  you wonder if you go back in time to that 04 europe tour and they arent fighting, tom simply tells them i want to do a more space rock-tinged side project this year lets connect w blink in a year and do some different stuff.

could have been a whole different ball game.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Ghost said:

He did a Tom DeLonge, hahaha.

That's where Tom learned it. Now it all makes sense (this was done before Tom started being flakey for the Neighborhood's sessions).

17 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yep! I was so hyped at that point. SIGH.

Yeah man, me too. That first +44 show at that small theater in Detroit was the best I ever saw Hoppus onstage. Let's forget the show I saw where they opened for FOB, played only a handful of songs due to a power outage and then covered WMAA (which, admittedly, got the biggest pop of the night).

8 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Starts with NANANANA lol. It's alright I guess, EP in March apparently:

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/mark-hoppus-and-alex-gaskarth-announce-new-band-simple-creatures/

Usually labels don't want competing "side projects" being released around new albums so I wonder what that means for the next Blink album...

Don't worry a single release will conveniently coincide with that festival Feldy has put together. 

40 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Mark needs to be a bit angry again with an axe to grind with something.

He's shite at writing music these days when he's a happy fucking cheeseball telling Dad jokes on Twitter.

He's too content and jaded.  California having commercial success ruined him permanently.