The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Fuck me you must be bad if Mark Hoppus is saying you’re shit. blink are one of the worst live bands ive ever seen

Don't think I even saw the dude strum his damn guitar. All he did was bounce up and down and strip. Even Skiba plays more guitar on California!

I am not a big Jack Antonoff/Bleachers fan but I heard this song recently and it sounds way more like a mix of Enema/80s pop/The Cure than Simple Creatures or anything else Mark has claimed were influenced by those things in the past several years haha. I'll probably get shit for this but I could easily imagine this as a song by some alternate-universe version of Blink in 2019 if they had actually veered in that 80s pop/Cure direction instead of 2010s pop punk. The chord progressions are vintage Blink, the verses are very Mark-ish, the chorus could easily be belted out by Skiba, and Travis obviously would kick it up several notches in the drum department. Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled bickering!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

I always feel like that guy has no real insight into anything and just states very basic things about bands. "This band got popular while this one didn't. This was popular but now it isn't."

this is literally almost all of those types of youtube vids with those dumbass thumbnails 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

mannnnnn. time flies. such a bummer, even if we saw how awk it was, none of us knew then it would never be the same. i held out hope they could replicate some of what was destroyed 

The more you think about blink from the outside, the more fascinating it's the whole story.

I'll always be a Blink fan even though my enjoyment of their music has waned pretty badly over the years, but the one thing that would really complete my Blink fandom would be an honest career-spanning documentary, made by professionals but with full participation of the band. Their story is fucking insane, and if they ever end up on decent terms again and the bitterness gets to a low enough level, they could cut any bullshit and get a real portrayal of everything that has gone down in their career. Growing up I never figured they'd be the type of band to warrant an introspective documentary haha but there is so much craziness and drama that even a non-fan could find it all entertaining and fascinating if the story was told well. I can't even imagine how much behind the scenes footage there is lying around too.

• Like 4