The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

the part i find funny is that it's a joke on a site where people are discussing age of consent etc. like they actually care.

I absolutely care. I post pictures of my daughter he because I've gotten close to some of these people and I'm proud to be sharing them. So, when there's someone here who isn't on the level with that, who openly admits to being into underage females, I get a little irate.

49 minutes ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

I absolutely care.

i'm not saying you don't.

i'm noting the irony of this "females" joke (which is totally disrespectful of and dehumanizing to w o m e n) in the context of this ongoing discussion about age of consent, etc (which is totally important and totally humanizing). in other words, "it's just a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously."

50 minutes ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

I absolutely care. I post pictures of my daughter he because I've gotten close to some of these people and I'm proud to be sharing them. So, when there's someone here who isn't on the level with that, who openly admits to being into underage females, I get a little irate.

This is the most made up thing I've ever read, give me a break ?

10 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i'm noting the irony of this "females" joke (which is totally disrespectful of and dehumanizing to w o m e n) in the context of this ongoing discussion about age of consent, etc (which is totally important and totally humanizing). in other words, "it's just a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously."

That's a Ghent thing, you take it up with him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

Inside.

Joke.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

it can be inside, outside, upside down... it's still irony. :)

It's not though. Because the whole purpose of the auto correct joke was to point out how uncomfortable or dehumanizing the term was.  Oliver was being stubborn about it after using it in his dating thread and then it was used as a word filter to prove a point.

All the females on this board are in on it and probably get the biggest laugh of anyone when it comes up..

2 hours ago, NJansaid said:

It's not though. Because the whole purpose of the auto correct joke was to point out how uncomfortable or dehumanizing the term was.  Oliver was being stubborn about it after using it in his dating thread and then it was used as a word filter to prove a point.

All the females on this board are in on it and probably get the biggest laugh of anyone when it comes up..

Eh. No.

It's mostly annoying.

I dislike the 'Ethan' one too. 

@Ghent he's made a lot of strange comments to do with blinks kids and not caring about age of consent whilst never actually refuting any of the pedo comments themselves. He makes clearly quite a few members uncomfortable. @Patient #48273 is the best at organising post evidence so if she can display that to you in like your mod section or whatever y'all could probably work out what you wanna do.

• Like 1

This weirdo has been here for years throwin his ped shit without care about it. Now, which he's being clearl pointed out, he's still insisting on that and not taking back anything, but changing subject and turning it all into an insulting parade. Moreover, just said a 17 YO female can be hot. I mean, come on. This creep has a problem.

11 hours ago, daveyjones said:

is there a reason people seem to be calling females "females" against their will? is this an admin auto-correct thing? if so it's insulting and should be fixed imo. it's 2019 FCS.

Sigh. You've gotta be kidding me.

Ok dad, all word filters have been removed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Kay said:

Eh. No.

It's mostly annoying.

I dislike the 'Ethan' one too. 

@Ghent he's made a lot of strange comments to do with blinks kids and not caring about age of consent whilst never actually refuting any of the pedo comments themselves. He makes clearly quite a few members uncomfortable. @Patient #48273 is the best at organising post evidence so if she can display that to you in like your mod section or whatever y'all could probably work out what you wanna do.

In a shocking turn of events, I actually agree with @NJansaid. The purpose of the "female" filter was to make fun of people who use that term to refer to women. That's not going to be clear to people who don't post that much or don't spend any time outside the blink section, so it's a bit of an issue in that regard, but it's pretty easy to explain.

• Love 1