The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

In a shocking turn of events, I actually agree with @NJansaid. The purpose of the "female" filter was to make fun of people who use that term to refer to women. That's not going to be clear to people who don't post that much or don't spend any time outside the blink section, so it's a bit of an issue in that regard, but it's pretty easy to explain.

I get the joke, take no issue with the joke, I aint offended, but it makes generally posting annoying because it's a common enough set of words (girl, women, ladies, whatever) to cause problems in the flow of a post. "Me and my female friend watched Wonder Female what a bad film" if you add that with the anything homo = "Ethan" thing you just get a lot of confusing posts. 

1 minute ago, Kay said:

I get the joke, take no issue with the joke, I aint offended, but it makes generally posting annoying because it's a common enough set of words (girl, women, ladies, whatever) to cause problems in the flow of a post. "Me and my female friend watched Wonder Female what a bad film" if you add that with the anything homo = "Ethan" thing you just get a lot of confusing posts.

That's when it's funniest imo. Like when thongrider made his list of top pop punk albums and one of them was "The ethans-Love Songs for the remarded."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

In a shocking turn of events, I actually agree with @NJansaid. The purpose of the "female" filter was to make fun of people who use that term to refer to women. That's not going to be clear to people who don't post that much or don't spend any time outside the blink section, so it's a bit of an issue in that regard, but it's pretty easy to explain.

@Ghent do you see what word filters do?! They bring people together! 

The inconvenience is what makes it so funny.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

@Ghent do you see what word filters do?! They bring people together! 

The inconvenience is what makes it so funny.

My mind is still blown that like a 50 year old man was truly and deeply offended that the words girl and woman were being filtered to FEMALE....(gasp!)

27 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

That's when it's funniest imo. Like when thongrider made his list of top pop punk albums and one of them was "The ethans-Love Songs for the remarded."

It took me the longest time to understand what certain posts were even talking about, but once I did it was hilarious and totally worth the confusion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kay said:

It's funny to the like 10 people in on the joke, to those who don't post everywhere / every week it's just a bit odd. 

Disagree. I didn't know why I was reading meat for the longest time and then found it hilarious once I found out.  It probably just feels like b182online to everyone else.."oh this place is insane...I love it, and am going to keep coming back"

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

My mind is still blown that like a 50 year old man was truly and deeply offended that the words girl and woman were being filtered to FEMALE....(gasp!)

Against their will!  The best part is it was actually used to teach a lesson.

2 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Disagree. I didn't know why I was reading meat for the longest time and then found it hilarious once I found out.  It probably just feels like b182online to everyone else.."oh this place is insane...I love it, and am going to keep coming back"

Against their will!  The best part is it was actually used to teach a lesson.

Meat was short for Meathead 'cause I'm a huge All In The Family fan and Clarke reminded me of Meathead. He should have gotten the business end of Archie's boot (wink, @thongrider) but never did.

If you don't check the boards enough to catch onto any inside jokes here, then I don't feel like you're worthy to being catered to. If you don't get it, you should be able to move on pretty quickly.

But since Mom and Dad (kay and davey) are upset, they will go away for a bit. Always good to give things a break

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

Meat was short for Meathead 'cause I'm a huge All In The Family fan and Clarke reminded me of Meathead. He should have gotten the business end of Archie's boot (wink, @thongrider) but never did.

Oh, darn. It just got less funny.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

If you don't check the boards enough to catch onto any inside jokes here, then I don't feel like you're worthy to being catered to. If you don't get it, you should be able to move on pretty quickly.

But since Mom and Dad (kay and davey) are upset, they will go away for a bit. Always good to give things a break

This attitude isn't really healthy if you also want the board to grow and attract new members? 

I'm not upset. I was never upset, hence not making an argument about it during the weeks of it's entire existence on here, or the months before that with the 'Ethan' issue, but as it was brought up and Jan suggested all the women think it's hilarious, I felt it prudent to weigh in.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

This attitude isn't really healthy if you also want the board to grow and attract new members? 

I'm not upset. I was never upset, hence not making an argument about it during the weeks of it's entire existence on here, or the months before that with the 'Ethan' issue, but as it was brought up and Jan suggested all the women think it's hilarious, I felt it prudent to weigh in.

Nothing about this board is healthy or will attract new members. I've faced the facts lol. I'd rather just preserve what we have at this point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Nothing about this board is healthy or will attract new members. I've faced the facts lol. I'd rather just preserve what we have at this point.

Lol in that case crack on then

• Like 1