The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Tom and Mark saying "we're all gonna get laid!" and saying filthy self-deprecating jokes to crowds of thousands of people is SO much different than singling out a 13 year old over and over about how she looks and how slutty she is and having a general obsession with the other children of the bandmembers and their social media presence. I mean, come on man how did you let yourself make that comparison? Haha

i don't know who this feeling_kids guy is, but i think this discussion has been super idiotic.

what happened? years ago he checked out some insta accounts related to the band members. then he wrote sarcastic comments shaming travis and/or shanna because he thought pushing a 11 years old kid to the music industry is incorrect behavior. as i remember it all started when travis' daughter had her own music video, where she was dressed as an adult, wore a ton of makeup, etc...

although i'm a fan of travis, and i don't give a fuck about feeling_this_1, i think the wrong team in this story is the barker family.

(there was a sickening tv show about bored golddiggers who used their preteen daughters to get fame, they pushed their daughters to beauty contests, dressed them up like they were grown up whores. the barkers kinda did the same thing. judging things like these is far from being a pedo. even if the judging is a bit obsessed.)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Tom and Mark saying "we're all gonna get laid!" and saying filthy self-deprecating jokes to crowds of thousands of people is SO much different than singling out a 13 year old over and over about how she looks and how slutty she is and having a general obsession with the other children of the bandmembers and their social media presence. I mean, come on man how did you let yourself make that comparison? Haha

Not to sound like herpes-boi, but they'd never get away with talking like that nowadays. 

The obsession with his kids IS strange, I never said it wasn't, and looking through his old posts the guy seems pretty weird.  If he really is 47 then that changes my mind considerably about how I feel about his posts.  

A comment about her appearance isn't surprising, I remember being grossed out that Travis would let her dress the way she does at that age.  

I'm just wary of a Speedo-led charge to ban someone; he just advocated to ban CC for no reason like a week ago.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

you would be right if it wasn't a far fetched interpretation of what really happened... in my opinion the "general obsession" you mentioned was not about the band members' kids, it was about bad parenting. the way he formed his thoughts was not the best, but i don't think it was outrageous. just lame trolling.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

While also being

25 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Yeah, if he's 47 then it changes everything.

I assumed we were dealing with a mid-20s guy trying to be a speedo style edgelord by making people uncomfortable.

This is my final stance.

Also, Dave Mathews Band is severely underappreciated on here.

I can see that censoring my post and driving me away 3 years ago really paid off! This place is a hotbed of conversation about blink-182, filled to the brim with new users who otherwise would have been turned away by my little prank thread. It's definitely not a pedophile-laden insular pit of redundancy or anything like that.

• Haha 3