The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

6 minutes ago, redhotbrianpeppers said:

I can see that censoring my post and driving me away 3 years ago really paid off! This place is a hotbed of conversation about blink-182, filled to the brim with new users who otherwise would have been turned away by my little prank thread. It's definitely not a pedophile-laden insular pit of redundancy or anything like that.

Uwotm8

8 hours ago, redhotbrianpeppers said:

I can see that censoring my post and driving me away 3 years ago really paid off! This place is a hotbed of conversation about blink-182, filled to the brim with new users who otherwise would have been turned away by my little prank thread. It's definitely not a pedophile-laden insular pit of redundancy or anything like that.

What happened that made you leave? I don’t remember 

I posted a thread simply called "Brohemian Rhapsody music video released" and linked to the music video for the College Humor song "Brohemian Rhapsody." So it wasn't even technically a lie. I kind of wanted to start a discussion about how that wasn't an original idea, and how they also ripped off Carlin in the past, etc. And the CH video was pretty funny anyway. Aria had consistently been pulling detailed pranks that were way more involved.

Dildo decided that my post might scare away new members who were coming for news and edited the title to insert "FAKE." I got upset that my content could and would be edited like that. I'd rather have it deleted if it breaks a rule or something. Having my words edited on a public forum is unacceptable. I argued with Dildo for a day and never got an apology or resolution.

45 minutes ago, Ghent said:

The Poop That Took a Pee

Chapter 1

Douglas had to poop. His butt was all stinky because he had to poop so badly. There was a gross woman named Rebecca who was sunbathing all naked and she was fat. Douglas walked up to her and said, "I need to poop". "Okay," Rebecca replied, "I like poop". Douglas squatted down over the fat sunbathing lady and went poop. The poop sat there on Rebecca's boobs, looking like a weiner.

"Why are we here?", Douglas cried as poop came out his weiner in a long... thin... strip. It was weiner-poop, which is the grossest poop of all. The pee pee got on the woman's leg and she screamed, pooping out her boobs. And so when the pee got mixed with the poop it smelled like a butt. And the poop and the pee lived happily ever after.

Inspirational.

5 hours ago, redhotbrianpeppers said:

I posted a thread simply called "Brohemian Rhapsody music video released" and linked to the music video for the College Humor song "Brohemian Rhapsody." So it wasn't even technically a lie. I kind of wanted to start a discussion about how that wasn't an original idea, and how they also ripped off Carlin in the past, etc. And the CH video was pretty funny anyway. Aria had consistently been pulling detailed pranks that were way more involved.

Dildo decided that my post might scare away new members who were coming for news and edited the title to insert "FAKE." I got upset that my content could and would be edited like that. I'd rather have it deleted if it breaks a rule or something. Having my words edited on a public forum is unacceptable. I argued with Dildo for a day and never got an apology or resolution.

Dildo doesn't really post here anymore and had some weird freakout when management changed to Ghent and Loliver. 

If anything, this forum allows for too much bullshit to go on. I made a poll on whether Oliver could debate or not and it turned into a shit show ffs.

Actually i am still around. My "freakout" as people like to assume was the dodgy shit going on in the moderators area where they were telling everyone publicy one thing and doing the opposite behind the scenes. 

And i remember your post Redhot. Aria had just stated that no fake topics where allowed leading up to release. So i locked it and said it wasnt real. 

It means nothing other than Mark was going through old photos and is now probably over the Tom crap, mostly because he proved he doesn’t need him IMO and it’s time to move on. 

Indeed a big step for Mark from a grudge standpoint, but he’s older this go around and time heals all wounds. 

• Like 6

Got me thinking when they will reunite eventually. If not this year maybe in the next 5 years. But i wonder if they will ever get together and make that magic again.

They've been saying that the upcoming album is gonna be more like the untitled album, i also wonder if that is true or if its a marketing move. Considering California was all very....easy, chord/rythem wise.

• Like 2

With all of these music biopics, I wonder if blink could ever get one in like fifteen years. They’ve got such an interesting story that run its course over twenty years. Maybe the music isn’t iconic enough, but I think it could work well as an indie film.