The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

14 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

I definitely believe Mark when he says blink have been experimenting. But they're still bringing in a bunch of co-writers to help out. All of whom happen to help pop stars out. I've got a feeling that blink will be different but in a bad way. My expectation is they're gonna be some electronic pop band like what Panic & Fall Out Boy have been doing. I think that's what Mark meant when he said blink have never done anything like this before.

Don't forget that Feldman this time last year was saying in some interview that blink shouldn't be experimenting too much either (something along those lines). He's still gonna limit what Mark, Skiba & Travis are truly capable of IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up sounding very similar to what he's doing with Simple Creatures tbh. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kay said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up sounding very similar to what he's doing with Simple Creatures tbh. 

If they do, I probably won't even listen to the album more than a few times. It's a pretty boring sound for me. Blink should always be guitar oriented. Can see California itself being a better album if blink is gonna have an album like that.

On 3/5/2019 at 2:15 PM, Kay said:

I hope not. I mean, it's fine for another band. But in no way do I want that type of music associated with Blink-182.

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

I hope not. I mean, it's fine for another band. But in no way do I want that type of music associated with Blink-182.

Neither do I, but I also don't like that California is associated with blink-182 - I think what things like me and you want from Blink are out of the window these days, we don't help them rake up the $$$

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kay said:

Neither do I, but I also don't like that California is associated with blink-182 - I think what things like me and you want from Blink are out of the window these days, we don't help them rake up the $$$

I'm not buying shit from blink anymore. Didn't give a penny to DLX (well a couple YouTube listens to each song maybe) and will never go see them live again unless it's at a festival.

I think years from now, only if Tom were to ever come back fulltime, everything from this era but Bored to Death and maybe KotW would be forgotten like it never happened. I can see it now. Mark would occasionally say stuff like, "Me and Travis are super proud of everything we accomplished with Matt and will never say never to working with him or John or any of the numerous cowriters in the future. But with Tom back, he brings a simple songwriting structure that is uniquely blink."

We don't have a Bon Scott situation where Brian Johnson did an admirable job with the band. We literally have a name or brand being milked so some of Mark's new friends can get a nice payday and Travis can go get another Cadillac and Mark can go to Disney World with his college-aged son.

Sorry, I'm in a cranky mood. Bad week.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, theedge00 said:

Unpopular opinion... Neighborhoods is aging better than I expected.

Neighborhoods and Dude Ranch aged like cheddar for me.  Always tasted good, but got even better over time and can pick up on the distinct little details after tasting 2 servings of Kraft American cheese.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

It's a pretty alright album!

Even more unpopular opinion: I think it's better than Untitled.

No way is it a better album but some of the songs are better.  I like Natives and Kaleidoscope better than Down and Lost Without You.  

• Like 1