The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

On 3/19/2019 at 7:31 PM, daveyjones said:

it's just a relevant pun. blink breaking up and making a new band with skiba = blink + "exiting" = "BLINXIT."

It's clever. I admit. Just giving ya a bit of shit considering you're all about bands, or at least blink, not writing songs about politics.

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

you're all about bands, or at least blink, not writing songs about politics.

whoza wazza? i've never taken that stance... my position is when they've tried ("anthem part II") it has not gone well.

i love me some politic'n bands... pretty up front about my love for bad religion, for example.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 11:18 AM, Regi. said:

Yeah. The “soon mixing” doesnt mean anything. It all comes down to an official release date. Thats going to be managed by some folks who know when is the best time. The album can be finished for months before it gets released. 

I miss the days when an album would get leaked asap, even months before releases. 

6 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

i didn't see anyone mention it here yet but i guess blink is playing enema anniversary shows at those back to the beach events. 

Someone posted the Q/A Mark did on the last page where he mentioned it. 

Don't know if it's because the forum is dead or what but it's absolute garbage they're playing EOTS without Tom, what a joke lmao.

Say what you will about Tom using the band for money; Mark is just as, if not more guilty, in gutting blink for money and money only. Aoki and Smirnoff, flying into Disney by helicoptor for his bday and now this, what a week. Him and Skiba really staying true to their PUNKROOTS \m/.

Guess he figures its just as disrespectful when Tom played blink songs with Angel's, but jesus this band just keeps getting more and more shit with Mark at the helm. They're a running parody of themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

Don't know if it's because the forum is dead or what but it's absolute garbage they're playing EOTS without Tom, what a joke lmao.

Guess he figures its just as disrespectful when Tom played blink songs with Angel's, but jesus this band just keeps getting more and more shit with Mark at the helm. 

As if it's Mark/Trav's fault Tom quit to build a spaceship... and because of that they should magically forget all of their career accomplishments as well... lol

It's all in good fun, Blink playing Blink songs, don't see how that's disrespectful. They've performed most of EOTS already with Matt, what's a few more songs to celebrate 20 years and spice up the setlist a tad? It's not like "Aliens Exist" and "Anthem" are some royal sacred songs that Matt may screw up. There are plenty of Tom dominated songs I'd prefer they not perform way before random EOTS deep cuts. (Wishing Well, First Date, Not Now, etc) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, daveyjones said:

whoza wazza? i've never taken that stance... my position is when they've tried ("anthem part II") it has not gone well.

i love me some politic'n bands... pretty up front about my love for bad religion, for example.

I like Bad Religion and Against Me! So I'm down with politics in my punk music. I just remember you quoting Anthem part 2 "corporate leaders/politicians" when people were saying they didn't want blink to be like Green Day and sing about politics. Since you despise Enema-Neighborhoods blink (but are ok/lukewarm from what I can tell with Cali) I just assumed you didn't like political bands or blink singing political songs. My bad, bro.

For the record, I think Anthem 2 is barely political. 

8 hours ago, Mau5 said:

Say what you will about Tom using the band for money; Mark is just as, if not more guilty, in gutting blink for money and money only. Aoki and Smirnoff, flying into Disney by helicoptor for his bday and now this, what a week. Him and Skiba really staying true to their PUNKROOTS \m/.

Guess he figures its just as disrespectful when Tom played blink songs with Angel's, but jesus this band just keeps getting more and more shit with Mark at the helm. They're a running parody of themselves. 

Woah woah woah, let’s pump the brakes a bit here. It’s not like the band immediately agreed to do the Fyre festival with what appeared to be 0 due diligence into the matter other than the fact that they were going to get paid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHAT in the actually fuck is this atrocity? Holy shit, Blink 182. What the fuck have you become?

I'm speechless. This is just embarrissing. 

Shame on you Travis and Mark. Shame on you.

This band sucks nowadays.

I just cannot believe this happened.

7 minutes ago, bastard said:

WHAT in the actually fuck is this atrocity? Holy shit, Blink 182. What the fuck have you become?

I'm speechless. This is just embarrissing. 

Shame on you Travis and Mark. Shame on you.

This band sucks nowadays.

I just cannot believe this happened.

Have you been living under a rock pal?

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

This band is pretty embarrassing 

Yeah but if you lived in current America (US) it'd make sense.  Everything's soft you're not allowed to hold people accountable.  

If you don't like them it's your fault and you've changed, the music can't suck it's not them.

4 hours ago, bastard said:

Apparently, yes. Saw it on recommended on youtube. Did you hear about this on mainstream media?

Yes the songs like a year old now. It came out last summer...

oops was off on when it came out but they were talking about it forever