The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

31 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

so mark is now on record saying they dropped out of fyre fest because travis doesn't fly. but didn't travis say on the rogan podcast that he had already driven half way to florida before they backed out? 

That's def not true. A show I was supposed to attend that summer right before Fyre Fest was cancelled like a week prior, so I drove 7 hours to a different show and met Blink... we asked Trav why they cancelled that show and he said it was because he had to drive down to Florida to take a boat to Fyre Fest... so Trav's version is what happened. I didn't see Mark's quote on that, but it's likely that they still hadn't been paid, and caught wind of the disaster at the last minute, which is essentially what the documentaries have said for several bands. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

so mark is now on record saying they dropped out of fyre fest because travis doesn't fly. but didn't travis say on the rogan podcast that he had already driven half way to florida before they backed out? 

That’s completely wrong. The production crew told the band that shit seemed real fishy from the start. Mark mentions travis spending several days on a boat going to a show that won’t happen but as you can see below he doesn’t say they dropped out because of that. The production crew basically told them the show wasn’t going to go ahead so they dropped out.

It was pretty shocking,” Hoppus told NME of his first viewing of the documentary. “It was shocking but not entirely surprising. We had indications kind of early on that there were problems. Our production crew was having problems getting even the most basic of answers as to staging, power and things that you would normally have well in advance of the show. That being said, us and our crew have always prided ourselves on being able to put on a good show.

“If you give us electricity and a stage then we will do our best to put on a great show. We continued in good faith, the show got closer and closer. Travis [Barker, drums] doesn’t fly so he was going to have to get on a boat for several days to get there then our production crew just said, ‘I don’t think that this is going to happen, I think we should pull out now’. That’s when we issued our statement”

• Like 1

20 hours ago, boxelder said:

i went and saw pinegrove last month and it was sold out, their biggest show ever. the rest of the tour is similarly sold out. i don’t think they’ll have any problem continuing and signing to a “big” indie for their next record 

I hope so! They got dropped from their previous record label and every article that comes out still centers on the controversy and pretends that nobody knows what happened and that they still have this #MeToo cloud over them. Hopefully with the next album cycle media will stop using the "mystery" for clicks and let everybody get on with their lives.

• Like 1

It's pretty telling that Mark was willing to go as far as book shows on private islands to mask his depression in blink, while willing to book small shows across the states with Simple Creatures where they are hardly even able to fit on the stage, and be much happier.

#telling

They have tour managers that take care of all that and likely don't care or even know where they are playing next... lol

As they said in the documentaries, the Fyre Festival people were promising 2-3x normal "rates", no brainer to drop a small Tennessee show and go play a private island for 3x the amount and get a nice mini vacation out of it. (Unless it turns out to be too good to be true!)

• Like 1

The guy can't enjoy a new side project without the internet pseudo-psychs diagnosis? It's new, its exciting and there's more energy in a small venue. It doesn't mean he's depressed in Blink. Let him have his fun you goofballs.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, NJansaid said:

It's pretty telling that Mark was willing to go as far as book shows on private islands to mask his depression in blink, while willing to book small shows across the states with Simple Creatures where they are hardly even able to fit on the stage, and be much happier.

#telling

Lmao, armchair psychologist alert! 

26 minutes ago, Ghent said:

So I’ve been talking to Leo Dehoe.. I told him to sign up here and make a thread and I will delete any haters. Sound good?

Yes! I'm a huge fan of him and The Hoes. Definitely be prepared to delete the haters, since the usual crew of whiners hates any new members period! Nevermind someone like Leo Dehoe! 

4 hours ago, Ghent said:

So I’ve been talking to Leo Dehoe.. I told him to sign up here and make a thread and I will delete any haters. Sound good?

I don’t get it. This guys a nobody. He’s just some bloke that creepily dresses and makes himself look like Tom Delonge. Why do we have to be dishonest and baby him by deleting any negative comments?  

95% of the time he gets brought up here it’s in regard to his creepy nature so you know majority of the thread won’t be supporters it’ll be haters so I just don’t get what the point is? Make it so that regular posters here can’t voice their honest opinion so some lame copycat feels welcome? Doesnt make sense to me .

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Now the whiners and douchebags don't want Leo Dehoe to sign up because they aren't allowed to be assholes to him. Lol! 

Yeah that's great for the forum/our entertainment. You already scare off every new member. Either we get him and be nice, or we don't get him at all. So suck it up and deal with the terms 

19 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Now the whiners and douchebags don't want Leo Dehoe to sign up because they aren't allowed to be assholes to him. Lol! 

Yeah that's great for the forum/our entertainment. You already scare off every new member. Either we get him and be nice, or we don't get him at all. So suck it up and deal with the terms 

So, laugh and ridicule behind his back, not to his face. Gotcha!

Is this freak show gonna travel? 

6 minutes ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

So, laugh and ridicule behind his back, not to his face. Gotcha!

Is this freak show gonna travel? 

I'd rather he sign up than look back and realize you guys blew this chance. If he doesn't sign up, I hope the whiners and spammers get ridiculed forever because why are we even trying to please them? Leo Dehoe is 100x more interesting than some loser like Bucko who bumps topics from 2003. Is it that hard to just ignore 1 topic? You guys spam everything else