The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Alan Rickman said:

I love untitled but miss you was my least favorite blink single. 

I miss you was cool but definitely was like bottom tier Untitled.  I'd like it better if it wasn't a single.  Here's Your Letter or Asthenia should have been classics over Down and I Miss You.

Down was kind of cool at the time though. Fuck everything blink did was cool at the time. Seriously nothing compares nowadays.

I think I Miss You is a brilliant song. So damn catchy. I think for us blink fans though it's one of the worst songs on smiley face, which isn't an insult to the track because I literally adore every song from it. But at the same time, if that wasn't a single, then most blink fans would be considering it as one of the top 5 blink songs or something. That's the problem with singles. For the hardcore fans, they're overplayed. For the casuals they're amazing. I have the same exact opinion of All the Small Things. Brilliant song but overplayed single, so most hardcore blink fans are bored of it.

13 hours ago, daveyjones said:

that is a pretty good one. it's not to say that i dislike every single track on the album. it's just my least favorite effort overall.

and i hate "miss you."

Haha, i thought you literally hated it. Do you like any other songs from that album? Or any you consider solid songs?

I actually remember thinking Always could've been a giant hit at the time due to the more "lighthearted"/Enema/TOYPAJ-like sound and melodies that would've reminded people of the Blink they were used to hearing on the radio before Untitled. Much better single choice than Down anyway. If I remember right it was the last single though and was basically floating out there as the hiatus happened.

9 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I actually remember thinking Always could've been a giant hit at the time due to the more "lighthearted"/Enema/TOYPAJ-like sound and melodies that would've reminded people of the Blink they were used to hearing on the radio before Untitled. Much better single choice than Down anyway. If I remember right it was the last single though and was basically floating out there as the hiatus happened.

Yeah, plus it had a great video. If they had been functioning at all and been able to promote it, it could have been huge.

• Like 1

always is my fav blink tune. it’s got everything i like: heavy synth, simple lyrics about love, banal, unapologetic re-use of the chord progression...i really always dug the 80s production too and the video is a treat.

i think down was a massively poor choice for a single. besides being a wet fart of a song anyway, its lame ass video does it no favors. i miss you was such a huge hit, the fact that down was such a failure was a real bummer

• Like 2

15 hours ago, boxelder said:

always is my fav blink tune. it’s got everything i like: heavy synth, simple lyrics about love, banal, unapologetic re-use of the chord progression...i really always dug the 80s production too and the video is a treat.

i think down was a massively poor choice for a single. besides being a wet fart of a song anyway, its lame ass video does it no favors. i miss you was such a huge hit, the fact that down was such a failure was a real bummer

I think Down is an awesome album track but very strange choice for a single. It has like an anti-chorus haha, no main melodic riff, no bridge, an outro that intentionally tapers off, it just works way better in the context of the album than as a stand-alone song.

I feel pretty confident that if Always was released right after I Miss You it definitely would've ended up as Untitled's 3rd hit song.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Blink seems out of place but this is like a dream concert for me, like all of my favorite bands lol:

LOL yeah it's the most random lineup for them to be on. I hope they're on BEFORE Zombie because that dude kills it on stage.