The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

28 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

skiba was the best choice but they destroyed all of the chemistry the moment they decided to trash an entire album of material he co-wrote. mark and skiba were a dream team for a lot of fans of their genre. i bet skiba was really excited about it at first too but then it became abundantly clear that he was no longer wanted as a creative member. i wouldn't give a fuck either if i were him. 

Agree 100% anybody that is even remotely familiar with skibas past projects know that he is an immensely talented songwriter. He just hasn’t had his chance to show this in Blink because Mark and Feldman decided blink had to sound a certain way. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I could be wrong but I feel like I've seen or heard a live version before. Maybe I just dreamed it lol

Hahaha yeah they played it on TV back in 1999 and there's audio from a performance in April 1999 in Australia haha !

• Like 4

Anybody else think blink’s prime with Matt was around the Summer 2016 shows before California dropped? Matt’s vocal performance was top notch and his guitar playing was fine outside of what he usually screws up on. He didn’t have the stage presence as Tom but he seemed more genuinely into it around that time. It was probably during the honeymoon phase and Matt felt pressured to put on a top performance for the fans. I like to joke that once he dyed his hair blonde, all things went downhill.

Only recent performance I can think of that was especially solid was the first show of the Vegas Residency before Travis got blood clots.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kevin. said:

skiba was the best choice but they destroyed all of the chemistry the moment they decided to trash an entire album of material he co-wrote. mark and skiba were a dream team for a lot of fans of their genre. i bet skiba was really excited about it at first too but then it became abundantly clear that he was no longer wanted as a creative member. i wouldn't give a fuck either if i were him. 

I agree, it must be dissapointing to work on lot of demos and then see them go to trash, especially for poppy tracks for the mass they got in. Skiba might tell the truth about his feelings as the years go by.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, raw_sounds said:

I agree, it must be dissapointing to work on lot of demos and then see them go to trash, especially for poppy tracks for the mass they got in. Skiba might the truth about his feelings as the years go by.

Only thing I'm looking forward to is for all the truth to come out, like Mark and Travis did with Tom eventually and his manager emails.

Something's so off, couldn't be more certain about it.

• Like 3

Mark and Matt are such good friends that they are in a book club together and just wrote over 50+ songs with each other in the past year... 

Blink Boards: “Mark regrets Matt”, as if he was held at gun point to continue working with him LOL

Between this and the “Dude Ranch makes Travis sad” theories spewing in the last few pages, I might have to go invest in TTSA stock, it’s sounding nice and sane!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Mark and Matt are such good friends that they are in a book club together and just wrote over 50+ songs with each other in the past year... 

Blink Boards: “Mark regrets Matt”, as if he was held at gun point to continue working with him LOL

Between this and the “Dude Ranch makes Travis sad” theories spewing in the last few pages, I might have to go invest in TTSA stock, it’s sounding nice and sane!

Wasn’t Matt not even that present in the studio for this album? Sure, you would see him pop in from time to time but he was not as present as Mark and Travis. He wasn’t even busy with Alkaline Trio around that time period either.

• Like 1

Mark obviously enjoys working with Matt and doesn’t regret it at all. What a stupid comment. As @Ry-Bread said if mark didn’t, he could just drop Matt and replace him. Mark appreciates Matts songwriting talents, even said the one song he wished he had written that wasn’t his was an Alkaline trio track.

It shouldn’t really surprise anyone that Gaskarth has good chemistry with Mark. He’s spent the better part of his adult life trying his hardest to emulate Mark/Tom/Blink with his band that he’s basically some weak pale clone of mark. Atleast Matt is his own person.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Mark obviously enjoys working with Matt and doesn’t regret it at all. What a stupid comment. As @Ry-Bread said if mark didn’t, he could just drop Matt and replace him. Mark appreciates Matts songwriting talents, even said the one song he wished he had written that wasn’t his was an Alkaline trio track.

It shouldn’t really surprise anyone that Gaskarth has good chemistry with Mark. He’s spent the better part of his adult life trying his hardest to emulate Mark/Tom/Blink with his band that he’s basically some weak pale clone of mark. Atleast Matt is his own person.

There’s no way mark could drop matt and replace him and still continue as blink, which is all that mark cares about. That’s just as stupid of a comment.

14 minutes ago, NotNow said:

There’s no way mark could drop matt and replace him and still continue as blink, which is all that mark cares about. That’s just as stupid of a comment.

If you can replace Tom Delonge you can replace the guy who replaced him.

I shouldn’t have said “drop him” as it implies firing him, which I agree. If mark straight up fired Matt it wouldn’t work replacing him. But if it was an ammicable split, with both Matt and mark/travis being okay with Matt being out, they most definitely could replace him and continue.

Pretty sure the only reason Mark likes Matt is because he's willing to bend over and let him and Feldmann walk over him and just read a teleprompter.

I'm actually 100% sure that's why.

What has Matt even written at this point? If they're having to hire songwriting TEAMS that's usually a red flag to songwriting.

2 hours ago, Regi. said:

Cant deny the chemistry is none. Shows are pretty boring. Seen them with Tom and Matt. Night and day, brother. 

If Tom had played this show, Enema front to back, he would have yodeled through the set, sometimes disrespecting the songs. Parts would have been cool, but parts would have sucked balls.

I’d have logged on here to see the same people crying about how much they suck now and should hang it up. 

Some of the same people who hated on Tom incessantly now yearn for his return. 

It’s dumb.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Pretty sure the only reason Mark likes Matt is because he's willing to bend over and let him and Feldmann walk over him and just read a teleprompter.

I'm actually 100% sure that's why.

What has Matt even written at this point? If they're having to hire songwriting TEAMS that's usually a red flag.

Matt and mark we’re friends well before they were considering him for blink. They were even writing an album together that wasn’t blink. So you’re wrong about that.

Matt also wrote an entire album with his band mates for alkaline trio with no help from songwriting teams. Bloke needs no help writing songs. Mark and Feldman obviously decided on what they wanted California to sound like and Matt just doesn’t have the ego about himself to come into marks band and tell him how things should sound.