The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I think Matt’s favorite blink material is from Enema based on what I’ve seen and heard. I say roll with it, it’s the most famous album and some of the songs are way underutilized. We will never get Dude Ranch, but we could get more Enema

• Like 2

Mark said on Instagram in response to someone asking about his ‘classic bass’ for this show and he said him and his bass tech have discussed using it if they do more of the anniversary shows. So they are definitely talking about doing more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Mark said on Instagram in response to someone asking about his ‘classic bass’ for this show and he said him and his bass tech have discussed using it if they do more of the anniversary shows. So they are definitely talking about doing more.

lol they are discussing which signature bass they could use live but are fine with matt's clean tone sounding like some fisher price toy guitar...

Show sounded allright tough, but I'm not able to enjoy it. The old tracks will always sound like a cover band to me. But I'm glad people enjoy it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chewy030 said:

Man some of y’all are still continuing to bitch about anything. Why you even bother following the band let alone a message board based on them? Talk about sad. If they’re dead to you then fucking move on. But some of y’all have done nothing but bitch since Tom left and you’re still here.....

We have just as much right to an opinion as someone who loves everything they do. 

We're all here because we are/were fans at some point or another, I personally think it's more disingenuous thinking everything they do is amazing. I honestly think Mark could take a shit on Ry-Breads face and he'd say thank you. 

I still live in a little bit of hope that the next album will be better than California and will carry on posting on here, pretty simple really. 

• Haha 1

Yikes Dan...

I watched the whole concert yesterday (thank you famous burrito), they sounded great and looked like they were having fun. Skiba's voice actually sounded better on EOTS than I expected, and I've never had a problem with his guitar tone. It was a cool thing to do, and the crowd looked great. I don't see any harm. Skiba is not magically going to start telling jokes, and moving around on stage, it's not his thing. We're 4 years into this...get over it or just watch old Tom videos.

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yikes Dan...

I watched the whole concert yesterday (thank you famous burrito), they sounded great and looked like they were having fun. Skiba's voice actually sounded better on EOTS than I expected, and I've never had a problem with his guitar tone. It was a cool thing to do, and the crowd looked great. I don't see any harm. Skiba is not magically going to start telling jokes, and moving around on stage, it's not his thing. We're 4 years into this...get over it or just watch old Tom videos.

There's a difference between moving around on stage and being as funny as Tom and not looking like a complete weenie beenie on stage, forgetting lyrics & guitar parts, awkward.

Like we can find a middle ground somewhere.  I feel like he was better in 2016.  That whole punching the air forgetting lyrics in Always was the last facepalm for me.

Man blink has been the Mark, Matt and Travis show for more than 4 years now and people still can't deal with it. The hate is ridiculous. It's not Mark's or Travis' fault Tom decided to go crazy and managed to get kicked out of his own band. They tried with him as much as possible. They don't have to stop doing what they love and worked so hard to create because a dude went crazy or some "fans" on the Internet don't like the change.

I understand not liking something but after 4 years when all the comments are "this is not blink without tom" it's getting old. Guess it wasn't blink without Scott but you didn't mind that. Move on. Even Tom after all the comments of "still being in the band" and "owning" it managed to do so and you still can't.

• Like 4

The comparison has been made before, but it's just like Star Wars now. Fans used to hate the original guy (Tom DeLonge and George Lucas) but now they hate their replacements (Matt Skiba and Kathleen Kennedy) and want everything to go back to the way it used to be, when it was good, even though they also hated it back then.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 6:23 PM, Jamie said:

I always wished Blink would have taken ideas from that ending for their future Blink music... or at least taken elements from it. It's such an epic ending. 

You can find some of that 'mood' on the first AVA record. That was what Tom was aiming for.

By the way... I'm still amazed on how some people still hangs the "Matt is getting more comfortable with time" kind of argument. Come on. He's been in blink for 4 years. Are we still talking about getting comfortable in the band at this point? If so, there's an evident problem.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The comparison has been made before, but it's just like Star Wars now. Fans used to hate the original guy (Tom DeLonge and George Lucas) but now they hate their replacements (Matt Skiba and Kathleen Kennedy) and want everything to go back to the way it used to be, when it was good, even though they also hated it back then.

Both George and Tom like revisionist history too. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

By the way... I'm still amazed on how some people still hangs the "Matt is getting more comfortable with time" kind of argument. Come on. He's been in blink for 4 years. Are we still talking about getting comfortable in the band at this point? If so, there's an evident problem.

the problem with this topic is simple: the complainers repeat the same argument ("matt looks like he's not even there" or something similar) over and over when nothing new happens, i.e. their complains are based on the same fucking old thing. while they still play 90% of pre-matt stuff, you can't expect changes in his stage presence.

people who wait for matt to get comfortable with time just believe that as soon as he gets more artistic freedom, he will be comfortable.

this milestone (his artistic freedom in blink) can only happen when they release new music. this didn't happen in the past 2 years, so all the complains in this period were meaningless.

well, we can only hope the new album will be different in this perspective. i bet if matt has been "allowed" to write his own blink songs in this album cycle, he will be as great in blink as he's in alkaline trio. if they did not use his creativity, that's a shame. and his "session musician behavior" is completely understandable.

• Like 1