The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

On 5/1/2019 at 11:35 AM, Ghent said:

My only complaint is that hat he's wearing. Is that racist?

The hat is horrendous. What look is he going for? Is that what he thinks a rockstar should look like? Tom wore a terrible hat for a while too, even though he wasn't going bald.

On 5/1/2019 at 10:55 AM, Ghost said:

I just hate when Matt sings like in Dumpweed in this video. How to destroy a vocal melody. He used to do it too on some AK3 shows.

It sounds horrible. It especially doesn't work for this song. Im sure its better live, just as drunk Tom was, but he just ruins the song. These modern blink 182 bootlegs are worthless 

So the other night I fell down a bit of an old school pop punk rabbit hole on YouTube through the TV, and my lady sees blinks 'Ben Wah Balls' and is like "...that's a song? do I know that one?' and I was like "Probably not, I don't play a lot of old blink to you because I think you'll hate it" so I put it on to prove my point. 

She...didn't...hate it. so I put on some Dude Ranch. and she was like "Why haven't you played me these? this is much better than their later stuff" and I looked at her with a mixture of awe and joy, for she had spoken the most beautiful words uttered ever as far as I was concerned. she then followed it up with this goddamn gem "You should make a blink playlist for the car, this stuff is much better than half the crap you make me listen to". 

Boy is she going to regret that. Every car journey from now on is going to be old school blink and naught else. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, jlx9 said:

I’m sure the guy, who is notorious for wearing odd shit, is concerned about what the local pedo’s interpretation of a rockstar is.

You have to be kidding me if you think that looks good. Is there any look you DON'T like? 

Only on this forum LOL. Jesus I bet Mark could wear a horrible unfitting t shirt with coffee and ketchup stains and leather pants and someone here would defend it. 

22 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

So should we expect the album/single by then? 

I would assume so but I'm not sure about the album because they're still working on it while in 2016 they were wrapped up with it in March I think. 

1 hour ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

You have to be kidding me if you think that looks good. Is there any look you DON'T like? 

Only on this forum LOL. Jesus I bet Mark could wear a horrible unfitting t shirt with coffee and ketchup stains and leather pants and someone here would defend it. 

That sounds cool!

As long as they don't wear suits. Suits suck.

• Like 1

If they were little boys would it look cool?

• Haha 2

Well to be honest, I wish Mark would wear something other than the same black jeans and the HMNIM tee he has for the last 10+ years while thinking he can still pull off a faux hawk in his 40s, but whatever if it works for him all power I guess. Back to Matt, I love him, but dude is a fashion weirdo, but he’s been like that since forever. It’s just odd people are actually surprised.

For example, this is the same guy, bottom one was just going through a midlife crisis:

You can do a simple search of him on the internet and find all kind of weird shit he decided to wear out in public. After learning more about him since he joined blink, he has always been like that, having odd outfits, odd preferences, and whatever else that is deemed unusual. I’m just glad he didn’t pull the “try to look young and cool” look during blink shows (although I always argued he did when he dyed his hair blonde and wore that b/w shirt everyday). Since we’re getting extra petty here, I will admit his Vegas/Steve Aoki Video outfit with the fedora was fucking awful, I don’t have any issue with the hat but he just slaps it on anything. His outfits at Musink 2015 and Weenie Roast 2016 were his best looks in my opinion...ok I’m done lmao

2 hours ago, thongrider said:

That sounds cool!

As long as they don't wear suits. Suits suck.

Lol, I agree punk rockers wearing suits is lame and played out. Mark has the perfect look for blink 182. Casual, but has a punk rock vibe. 

@jlx9 I know what you're saying about Skiba. I remember years ago seeing him wear full makeup and goth stuff and thinking wtf. I just really hate that stupid fedora or top hat thing he wears. It doesnt fit blink 182 and quite frankly I dont understand how they are in style at all. Fat Mike from NOFX looks better wearing skirts and womens clothes than Skiba in his top hat lol

31 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Lol, I agree punk rockers wearing suits is lame and played out. Mark has the perfect look for blink 182. Casual, but has a punk rock vibe. 

@jlx9 I know what you're saying about Skiba. I remember years ago seeing him wear full makeup and goth stuff and thinking wtf. I just really hate that stupid fedora or top hat thing he wears. It doesnt fit blink 182 and quite frankly I dont understand how they are in style at all. Fat Mike from NOFX looks better wearing skirts and womens clothes than Skiba in his top hat lol

I don’t care what he wears, I think he looks cool 90% of the time, he just needs to learn how to match a fedora.

I love Matt, but he looks like the outcasts in middle school/high school that wear a fedora to everything they have once they discover it exists, thinking that a $15 fedora that bought at Target makes them fancy.

Matt just needs to gain some weight and grow a neckbeard, tipping his hat and saying “M’lady” to every woman he sees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1