The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

22 hours ago, jlx9 said:

I love Matt, but he looks like the outcasts in middle school/high school that wear a fedora to everything they have once they discover it exists, thinking that a $15 fedora that bought at Target makes them fancy.

Matt just needs to gain some weight and grow a neckbeard, tipping his hat and saying “M’lady” to every woman he sees.

I don’t think he’s being neckbeardy, but more “look, I’m weird and mysterious and SO goth!”

I feel like forcing yourself to be gothic is kind of the opposite of what it means be goth...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

I don’t think he’s being neckbeardy, but more “look, I’m weird and mysterious and SO goth!”

I feel like forcing yourself to be gothic is kind of the opposite of what it means be goth...

Exactly! It's so hypocritical everything about him.  "I'm so independent and respect my views but fuck your views"

The skibabots refuse to accept this though.

2 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Exactly! It's so hypocritical everything about him.  "I'm so independent and respect my views but fuck your views"

The skibabots refuse to accept this though.

I still like Skiba (Alk3’s last album was decent). He just forces the gothic thing a bit too much considering how much older he is now. Doesn’t come off as very genuine.

1 hour ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

I mean if we’re talking about how goth he thinks he is, what about that time back during ALK3’s Crimson era, where the whole band got into the phase?

33 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

Yes! That whole image of Skiba sweating in heavy eyeliner was in my head while making that comment. I didn’t know if that was just a special Halloween event where everyone dressed up or Skiba carried on the goth look after. That was right before Good Mourning since his voice was about shot but he sounded awesome.

1 hour ago, jlx9 said:

Yes! That whole image of Skiba sweating in heavy eyeliner was in my head while making that comment. I didn’t know if that was just a special Halloween event where everyone dressed up or Skiba carried on the goth look after. That was right before Good Mourning since his voice was about shot but he sounded awesome.

i think his goth phase started around from here to infirmary. because at the couple club dates i caught on that tour, skiba was rockin' the eyeliner for sure.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I think it goes back to the 90s.

Why does Dan have a mic? 

Because he sings? 

I think if you've been dressing gothy for basically 20 years it's probably not just a fashion statement. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Kay said:

Pretty sure he's doing the verse harmonies, they just focus on Matt on the video. 

It seems to me he just stands in the same spot the entire video. When the chorus comes it doesn't look to me like he's come back from the mic, but maybe I'm looking too much into this.

Skiba has been always a weirdo in terms of aesthetics. The 'goth' thing comes since forever in AK3. They kind of 'refined' it? or whatever, but sure Skiba has had that thing going on. The guy is into horror punk, black metal and all kind of dark stuff shit. Lots of his looks are, basically, taken from others. He's a huge fan of Dave Vanian from The Damned, for example, and you can see his influence in him.

Skiba just copies stuff and takes refferences to his own look.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thongrider said:

It seems to me he just stands in the same spot the entire video. When the chorus comes it doesn't look to me like he's come back from the mic, but maybe I'm looking too much into this.

Derek is doing those. I know Dan does harmonies for that song in recent years. Either the staff from the show set another mic up in case or maybe ALK3 played another song off camera that night and that’s what the crew prepared for. I think it’s common for staff to set up mics for almost every member just to play it safe, assuming anyone will sing at some moment.

Mark did a quick insta live just now and two things stuck out to me 

1) he acknowledged DED album - said there's no real plans to play any songs from it nor do they plan on releasing anything physical copy of it out of pure laziness 

2) someone said the new tour sucks and he said it didn't and it actually is going to rock lol