The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

3 hours ago, petros said:

Μark is delusional thinking fans wanna hear first date sang by Matt. If green day can play 2000 light years away in front of 30 thousand people I'm sure blink can play some songs off a multi platinum album. 

Still though seeing this motion of loving Tom because you're hating the band now makes you look stupid. "it must have unbearable being in a band with Mark". Geez guys. I thing out of all people blink fans on a blink forum should be the most informed of what happened in the band during the 09-15 period. 

I think something that has happened in the last few years is the realization that they're all slightly nuts and difficult in their own ways haha none of them are more "pure" or deserving of owning Blink's legacy. Tom is by far the most insane person in the Blink universe, but when he's a little more humble and puts out a decent song and he's being compared to some disheartening things coming out of the Mark/Travis corner for the past 3 years, you start leveling the playing field a little more and end up empathizing with and lovingly ragging on all of them in different ways. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I think something that has happened in the last few years is the realization that they're all slightly nuts and difficult in their own ways haha none of them are more "pure" or deserving of owning Blink's legacy. Tom is by far the most insane person in the Blink universe, but when he's a little more humble and puts out a decent song and he's being compared to some disheartening things coming out of the Mark/Travis corner for the past 3 years, you start leveling the playing field a little more and end up empathizing with and lovingly ragging on all of them in different ways. 

The fact that some people don't like the music the band is creating under mark and travis owning blink doesn't show they are crazy and out of their minds or a pain in the ass lying to their fans and recording company people like tom. At least under Mark and Travis blink is an actual band that tours and releases music as it should be unlike the 09-15 mess. If you like the music or not has nothing to do with Tom being an asshole to mark/travis/people working for blink and the fans. And if you ask me I'd blast neighborhoods over cali any day. That doesn't mean shit though cause after all Tom did Mark and Travis have all the right in the world to own Blink's legacy and do whatever they want with it.

13 hours ago, Kay said:

Can't have a set list that's living in the past, the current mind set of a band that's literally only about living in the past now. 

Remember when Mark used Pete Wentz as a life raft to stay relevant by being besties after he lost the Blink brand name?

so fat mike is a fair Cunt no question there, but he and skiba are very good friends. Skiba was best man at his wedding. 

From 1:10 onwards fat mike says blink got way better when skiba joined and that “it’d be nice if the band members actually talked to him sometimes.” It does make you wonder whether outside of recording/touring that mark and Travis don’t really have any communication with skiba at all. It could very likely just be fat mike talking shit, or skiba told him that there isn’t much there between him and mark and Travis.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

so fat mike is a fair Cunt no question there, but he and skiba are very good friends. Skiba was best man at his wedding. 

From 1:10 onwards fat mike says blink got way better when skiba joined and that “it’d be nice if the band members actually talked to him sometimes.” It does make you wonder whether outside of recording/touring that mark and Travis don’t really have any communication with skiba at all. It could very likely just be fat mike talking shit, or skiba told him that there isn’t much there between him and mark and Travis.

"Yeah I just want to say blink-182 got a lot better when Matt Skiba joined the band" one "yay" and one lone awkward clap. hilarious.

Also I've never particularly liked NOFX's music but the first minute of this makes them sound like fucking children. 

• Like 1

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if it's true, I get the feeling Matt and Mark aren't exactly best mates but have a working relationship that serves blink that they're both happy with.

Mark and Travis get to carry on the blink name and Matt gets to make more money than he ever thought possible, sure they're all pretty okay with that. 

I hate these sad old pricks though, they are the absolute worst people and their 95% of their music absolutely sucks - can't believe people still pay money to see them live. 

• Like 1

The thing with Fat Mike is that he is the opposite of his on-stage persona. I got to interview him many times over the years and he always let me hang around so I saw him and the rest of the band in a different light, and I tell you he's not the asshole you see - but I don't think he needs me trying to defend him, I barely care about him but, incredibly, he's a very nice person! ? and when they say they hate blink, even that isn't true. Melvin and Smelly are actually friends with them and with Tom too. Yeah, there was that thing about blink selling out but they mostly talk out of their asses, for the sake of it.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Elisa said:

The thing with Fat Mike is that he is the opposite of his on-stage persona. I got to interview him many times over the years and he always let me hang around so I saw him and the rest of the band in a different light, and I tell you he's not the asshole you see - but I don't think he needs me trying to defend him, I barely care about him but, incredibly, he's a very nice person! ? and when they say they hate blink, even that isn't true. Melvin and Smelly are actually friends with them and with Tom too. Yeah, there was that thing about blink selling out but they mostly talk out of their asses, for the sake of it.

Yeah, they'll always make fun of blink on the stage haha. They're definitely genuine friends though, although probably friends that don't talk too much to each other. We all have those friends that we talk to like 3-4 times a year. NOFX have always come across as assholes on the stage but in interviews, seem more genuine.

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

Was it written interviews or recorded? 

Fat Mike had some nice things to say about Tom a few years ago. But everything Mike says on stage is kind of filtered through "I'm doing a bit" thing.

3 hours ago, Elisa said:

You know I find this to be interesting, and while this may be true, the Richmond band Strike Anywhere didn't have nice things to say about him after dealing with him, the way he ran his label, and his apparent love for cocaine. At least that was the word was around these parts.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Fat Mike had some nice things to say about Tom a few years ago. But everything Mike says on stage is kind of filtered through "I'm doing a bit" thing.

You know I find this to be interesting, and while this may be true, the Richmond band Strike Anywhere didn't have nice things to say about him after dealing with him, the way he ran his label, and his apparent love for cocaine. At least that was the word was around these parts.

I used to listen to Strike Anywhere back in the day and what the millionaire Fat Mike does with his label is basically against all they stand for, as a band, so I can believe them. I just wanted to say that he never came across as bad as he seems to be in every single video of him you watch, for all I know he definitely switch into a more caring person in real life, but he's still nuts!
Their backstage always smell like super hard drugs. Thankfully I'm not familiar with drugs so I can't say what it is, it could be heroine or worse. And even Smelly who is sober doesn't hang around in the backstage and he's always somewhere else because he doesn't want to partake in what they do there lol.

• Like 1