The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

2 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

Mark did a quick insta live just now and two things stuck out to me 

1) he acknowledged DED album - said there's no real plans to play any songs from it nor do they plan on releasing anything physical copy of it out of pure laziness 

2) someone said the new tour sucks and he said it didn't and it actually is going to rock lol 

Did anybody else mention that whole robbery with helicopters flying over his house from his story?

Also 1) how sad because that is some of blink’s finest work. WIWY is a top 5 blink song and perfectly captures everything great about them. At least play DED with Matt for fucks sake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mau5 said:

Mark did a quick insta live just now and two things stuck out to me 

1) he acknowledged DED album - said there's no real plans to play any songs from it nor do they plan on releasing anything physical copy of it out of pure laziness 

2) someone said the new tour sucks and he said it didn't and it actually is going to rock lol 

what he said in response to the person asking if they'd play Shut Up was a bit of a letdown. not that that's a song i particularly care for but just that it's a "deep cut from an 18 year old album". i hope it isn't a bad omen for a 20th anniversary TOYPAJ show (because i refuse to die before blink play Online Songs live)

4 hours ago, Shaun said:

what he said in response to the person asking if they'd play Shut Up was a bit of a letdown. not that that's a song i particularly care for but just that it's a "deep cut from an 18 year old album". i hope it isn't a bad omen for a 20th anniversary TOYPAJ show (because i refuse to die before blink play Online Songs live)

Mark only cares about enema, untitled, and california. The rest of their music is expendable outside a few singles.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shaun said:

Be careful for what you desire at this point.

10 hours ago, Shaun said:

He’s such a twat. He hasn’t got a clue what the fans want. Tom must have found it unbearable being in a band with him 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kay said:

Eeehh, of all the songs not to play I don't think "Shut Up" is the biggest tragedy. Online Songs though is killer. 

Online Songs is the #1 song I wish blink would play. It’s not my favorite blink song of all time, but it might be my favorite blink song that they never play live.

• Like 1

can't even fathom why they don't play it. imagine how nuts people would go to hear/sing along to the intro + the na na's in the bridge that anyone could sing along to. i can only guess maybe the chorus is out of Marks range being a factor as to why it hasn't been played? real shame either way

Can't have a set list that's living in the past, the current mind set of a band that's literally only about living in the past now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I'm not sure Mark would be able to sing Online Songs or Shut Up anymore, unless they tune down the instruments and sing them in a lower key.

Would love to hear Online Songs in Drop B, chuck a few breakdowns and deathchords in there for a laugh as well. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kay said:

Eeehh, of all the songs not to play I don't think "Shut Up" is the biggest tragedy. Online Songs though is killer. 

You’d take it over the current set list we’ve heard every tour for the last 10 years surely 

1 minute ago, Scott. said:

You’d take it over the current set list we’ve heard every tour for the last 10 years surely 

I'd take Travis playing the spoons as his solo over the current set list. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Μark is delusional thinking fans wanna hear first date sang by Matt. If green day can play 2000 light years away in front of 30 thousand people I'm sure blink can play some songs off a multi platinum album. 

Still though seeing this motion of loving Tom because you're hating the band now makes you look stupid. "it must have unbearable being in a band with Mark". Geez guys. I thing out of all people blink fans on a blink forum should be the most informed of what happened in the band during the 09-15 period. 

I do feel Tom sometimes contradicts himself but not nearly as much as Mark. I swear Tom has mentioned he loves touring with blink. Even Travis said he got excited for the tours but as soon as they went back to their families, he kept distant. Obviously it was about the money, but still.

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

I do feel Tom sometimes contradicts himself but not nearly as much as Mark. I swear Tom has mentioned he loves touring with blink. Even Travis said he got excited for the tours but as soon as they went back to their families, he kept distant. Obviously it was about the money, but still.

Well Tom doesn’t have a family now so great time to go back to blink.

• Like 1