The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

3 hours ago, onlinesawngs said:

Just saw on reddit the album might be called "Endless Summer". So fucking embarrassing if true. 

Can’t wait to hear about skating in Walmart, going down the beach and the California heat. Fucking yawn 

• Like 3

Sum of summer

Hanging with your best friends 

At Walmart at weekends 

Calling up your date

And you're jokingly buying depends 

Just a hunch 

When I'm out for lunch

That this summer in California 

Is gonna be rad

School is out for sunmer

It only made me dumber

And I keep on wishing

After elision, subtraction and division

A perfect decision and some addition 

That is the sum of summer

I grew up in Chicago

Then I moved to San Francisco 

On the edge of Golden Bridge 

I decided it wasn't time to go

Just a guess

I was such a mess

But summer time always saved me from myself

Whoah ah ah ah ah

We were just children 

Who traded bottles for rattles

We fought our own battles

And we won 

Yes we woahn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/11/2019 at 4:34 AM, alex_dept. said:

Was listening to Dude Ranch and it stroke me how similar the riff in the chorus of Boring is to Tom's later stuff in AVA and Box Car, power chord riffs.

boring is one of the top tracks on DR, imo.

and yea, that chorus chord progression began tom's obsession to sound more "edgy" by throwing more sharps into the mix. maybe he finally read up on the circle of fifths?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

I had Sober. Underrated song.

Just listened to all of Cali and enjoyed that song a bit more than usual. First time hearing HISALP since having a baby and f’n hell I was tearing up like a child lol.

39 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Just listened to all of Cali and enjoyed that song a bit more than usual. First time hearing HISALP since having a baby and f’n hell I was tearing up like a child lol.

There was a reddit thread where it was asking whether Sober or BIOMY was the better song. I commented “Sober always felt like the right way to go if they wanted to do a pop song. I love the verses and even the NaNa’s work especially well. The piano is a nice touch.”

I understand why people dislike it, but I always thought of it as a nice little song that became one of the highlights on the album.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jlx9 said:

There was a reddit thread where it was asking whether Sober or BIOMY was the better song. I commented “Sober always felt like the right way to go if they wanted to do a pop song. I love the verses and even the NaNa’s work especially well. The piano is a nice touch.”

I understand why people dislike it, but I always thought of it as a nice little song that became one of the highlights on the album.

That's funny cause I feel the opposite, but for the same reasons? Haha I can't stand Sober but I think BIOMY is a great example of Blink doing pop and an improvement over what they were trying on Sober.

30mx37l.jpg

So as of Oct 2018 Tom has been listed as and manager/member of blink on the company register. That other version of this that only had Mark and Travis was from 2016 so this one is more recent. Marks name is listed on page 1 but I didn’t bother sharing that. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

30mx37l.jpg

So as of Oct 2018 Tom has been listed as and manager/member of blink on the company register. That other version of this that only had Mark and Travis was from 2016 so this one is more recent. Marks name is listed on page 1 but I didn’t bother sharing that. 

Hmm on first glance I’d say Tom is getting higher royalties if he’s listed and might have a say in decisions of the band. Wonder if/when Skiba gets listed. 

My Blink prediction is that Mark runs the band into the ground trying to go too poppy and declining each release, band loses its soul. Tom comes back but they’re all too old at that point to ever come close to their prime, but at least it’s the same lineup. If Tom can do an album every 4 years or so then it’s worth it IMO. Don’t really care what happens to Skiba if he stays or not, both options seem like a win. 

52 minutes ago, MSandt said:

I wonder if he resorted to lawyers to weasel his way back in so that he can keep leeching off the band while contributing nothing in return.

If it’s money from the pre-California days then that’s totally fair.