The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I don't think it was, unless I totally missed something. Everything I have seen talked about how Hey I'm Sorry was the only song that originated during that period.

I might be wrong, I’m just trying to answer from memory. I know that 6/8 was at least made in some form before Cali deluxe sessions began, as there was a lyric sheet of Mark’s verse that he used to record vocals around the original Cali sessions. Probably did not include the song as it was too “dark” for their summer album. I know Travis began talking about it when he was predicting a small EP of Cali B-sides shortly after California dropped.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it used to be referred to as “Rushing Rivers” at some point.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ghent said:

Welcome back peace sign.. I’ve been doing what I can to get Mark to notice us on twitter and get that interview. He went on that random blink podcast so I’d say there is a chance.

Unless he dislikes this place from checking it periodically, which seems likely lol

thanks, man! you guys should get sasha to reach out again.

• Haha 1

Having blink on shuffle can be bad on the ears. Went from Aliens Exist to Hearts All Gone. the guitars sound awful in HAG straight after AE and Mark's vocals are so naked and much higher in the mix than the rest of the instrumentation. song sounds hecka empty. Really glad I don't have any California on this playlist, I dread to think how much worse the comparison can be. 

Sigh. I miss Jerry Finn. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

Having blink on shuffle can be bad on the ears. Went from Aliens Exist to Hearts All Gone. the guitars sound awful in HAG straight after AE and Mark's vocals are so naked and much higher in the mix than the rest of the instrumentation. song sounds hecka empty. Really glad I don't have any California on this playlist, I dread to think how much worse the comparison can be. 

Sigh. I miss Jerry Finn. 

OH LOOK WE HAVE ANOTHER WANNABE MUSIC PRODUCER WHO THINKS THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT MORE THAN THE PROFESSIONALS ETC ETC ETC...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Random thought, could be cause I’m high but I’ve never had one ill thought of Tom since the first break up. But never defended his actions to when ppl made valid points.

is there anyone who is just on a middle ground with him and hopes he just does what he wants and eventually that means new blink music with him?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petros said:

So you consider Dude ranch which sounds like shit classic and don't like how Neighborhoods sounds?  Neghborhoods>>>Dude Ranch easily imo.

Wow. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, The Dog From Frasier said:

Random thought, could be cause I’m high but I’ve never had one ill thought of Tom since the first break up. But never defended his actions to when ppl made valid points.

is there anyone who is just on a middle ground with him and hopes he just does what he wants and eventually that means new AVA music with him?

my opinion, exactly if you swap blink with ava

I'm sorry dude ranch sounds like shit just like Chesire cat and Buddha which makes these albums unlistenable for me. Green day recorded 1039 and Kerplunk in a basement or some shit in 1990 and those albums sounded like what an underground punk should.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, petros said:

So you consider Dude ranch which sounds like shit classic and don't like how Neighborhoods sounds?  Neghborhoods>>>Dude Ranch easily imo.

Yikes. 

Next time you guys think I have a terrible opinion, remember this post. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3