The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Mark was just on IG live and said they have something special planned for Riot fest and an announcement will be forthcoming.

Seems like he is taking a page out of Tom’s book with these announcements of announcements ?   

If this big surprise is just them playing EOTS in full at Riot Fest that will be pretty whack... But I def don’t see them doing it every show, so wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Maybe they’ll add a small club show again in Chi the day before Riot Fest.

8 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

If this big surprise is just them playing EOTS in full at Riot Fest that will be pretty whack... But I def don’t see them doing it every show, so wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Both those scenarios would be pretty disappointing to be honest.

49 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Eh I'll be there so that would be cool to see 2/3rds of the original EOTS team play it. I won't be paying for any secret show when they'll probably just play their normal setlist.

Haven't seen anyone else mention this yet, but Mark said there will be a new song before the download festival on instagram live this morning. We're about two weeks out from it. 

He said it within like the first 30 seconds of going live so I think a lot of people didn't hear him say this. Believe me, or don't. I also put this on reddit but I have no idea if my thread will get approved. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, onlinesawngs said:

Haven't seen anyone else mention this yet, but Mark said there will be a new song before the download festival on instagram live this morning. We're about two weeks out from it. 

He said it within like the first 30 seconds of going live so I think a lot of people didn't hear him say this. Believe me, or don't. I also put this on reddit but I have no idea if my thread will get approved. 

I heard him say it too

11 minutes ago, onlinesawngs said:

It's been pointed out to me on the reddit that he was talking about a simple creatures song dropping, not blink. My b - confusing!

Oh gotcha, I thought he was talking about blink too! Oh well, still cool we’re getting new creatures!

Pretty sure Mark has fucked with the Spotify playlist preferences; I just went 8 songs of Blink straight of Mark songs in one of those random playlists of similar bands. 

This is some pretty petty stuff and kind of cut throat. Trying to redefine Blink as the Mark only hits and cutting Tom out. 

42 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Pretty sure Mark has fucked with the Spotify playlist preferences; I just went 8 songs of Blink straight of Mark songs in one of those random playlists of similar bands. 

This is some pretty petty stuff and kind of cut throat. Trying to redefine Blink as the Mark only hits and cutting Tom out. 

What the tin foil hat are you talking about? The blink best of playlist on Spotify has everything from Carousel to ATST to Always and Wishing Well... Far from a Tom dodge..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, thongrider said:

The last two days, I've heard two songs with the exact same lyrics as Blink songs in the choruses. Really weird. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/4wSNTq68l2GfFyYIpeZawq?si=bIKoPyJ7Sk2IbcvsZTfUxw

https://youtu.be/PSgvM6D6ssY

That Mo Jamil guy owned the “Blame It on My Youth” line better than blink did.