The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

20 minutes ago, Kay said:

I ripped into Neighborhoods when it came out because it has obvious flaws. Those flaws are still there. The only change is that California was a lot worse, so the goal posts had to move. 

the goal posts never seem to stop moving here for a lot of things....

1 hour ago, Since88 said:

Neighborhoods is my go to album if I want to listen to blink in the car today, the playlist also got DEDEP mixed into it. 

Same.  Mine consistents in the rotation right now is Natives, Kaleidescope, Wishing Well, LID, EISF, Easy Target, Stockholm, Here's Your Letter, Emo, Waggy, Enthused, WIWY, DED and some +44/AvA.  

I'll binge an album when in the mood for it, but I can't mix them in the playlist well.

I always like Neighborhoods to some extent, but I definitely like it more now than I did when it was new. I like Dogs Eating Dogs more though, I think that EP is genuinely one of my favorite blink releases.

I like every blink album to some extent. California was pretty good all things considered, I just don't want that to be the direction they continue in with new music.

4 hours ago, Ghent said:

Makes me smile remembering how when Neighborhoods came out everyone shit all over it and said blink was dead.

And now it's some kind of classic

Pretty much everyone I know loved Neighborhoods for what it was. My entire Hall played it every day for months. 

Up All Night wasn't the best and it didn't blow us away like Enema-Untitled but no one was running around angry at it, like they are California.  Tom's voice was an adjustment and raw production was new but that's about it.  Remember blasting that whole album all the way through every day after classes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I’ve always liked neighbourhoods. Up all night Is still probably my most played song of all time based on how many times I listened to it when it released.

I remember I listened to it 80 times in one day. I listened to that song so much. It stayed at the top of my most-played list for quite a while, but Bored to Death eventually passed it up and is currently my #1 most-played song according to last.fm

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

I'd vote Natives, Kaleidoscope, EISF, Ghosts, and LID are equally as good and way better than Disaster.

DED is kind of an extension of Neighborhoods imo anyway.

Isn't Disaster just fucking awful? I despise that song. 

3 hours ago, jlx9 said:

aw man, I love that bass. one of my fave Mark pics is the one where he holds it up to his face. 

• Like 2