The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

5 hours ago, boxelder said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/magazine/universal-fire-master-recordings.html

amazing new article about the 2008 universal studios lot fire that claimed, apparently, the master tape recordings of hundreds of thousands of artists, famous and poorly known. the author mentions that much of UMG's catalog was transferred to a boyers, pennsylvania facility ran by a company called iron mountain, but despite that, TONS of original masters perished in the fire... the roots, bing crosby, chuck berry. the author specifically mentions MCA and geffen records, and while from the existence of the multitracks and the recentness of blink it's clear there's backups and second-gen copies... it may appear blink's original tape masters may be gone forever

@Ghost, you may be interested in this

I remember this. This would be comparable to the Notre Dame fire in terms of music archives and impact on music history. There is people who think that, well... losing a master tape is not a big deal as long as there are copies. But is a total disgrace. You are literally losing any original source.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

that's awesome @JarJarBlinks. I don't know what I would have said or asked in your situation.

I remember when I got interviewed (it wasn't live) for my Bored to Death Tom video I mentioned the boards a couple of times but they left that part out of the printed interviews they put online lol

I THINK I would have been fine if I knew I was the one asking the questions, I thought they just wanted some fan sound clips to promote the tour with, and especially wasn't expecting Mark to be on the line lol.  

At this point so many questions have been asked, I was searching in my head for something that would be interesting to hear from him but just kinda failed lol.  

I still feel lucky I finally got to talk to him though lol, you just never get to choose the circumstances haha. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Woah! That's so cool!! I'm very happy for you @JarJarBlinks. I can't wait to listen to it!! 

Lol thanks.  Don't get too excited.  I kinda feel like I squandered the opportunity to really say anything because I was in shock.  

I'm sure the other people's question segments were good though!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Lol thanks.  Don't get too excited.  I kinda feel like I squandered the opportunity to really say anything because I was in shock.  

We are all real proud of ya, pal!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

It's understandable, but don't worry about it! We've been talking about blink all the time since we were kids so one would think we'd have some interesting stuffs to ask them, but when you actually get interact with them it's impossible to come up with a decent question haha 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

"Enema of the State was their third album, but it was their first to write consciously with an audience in mind. And that audience was young."

absolutely. which is why one's assessment of enema is explicitly tied to the age when they first heard it.