The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

33 minutes ago, Neal said:

true then….. and still is

To be honest I don't mind california, but it hasn't aged well for me and BIOMY is an absolute train wreck. They should never have released it.

Tom really did push the creativity 

Rebel Girl isn't necessarily pushing creative boundaries, but it's near vintage Tom and the 80s vibe was very Always-esque.  The breakdown is awesome with its quick changes and the chorus (prior to Cinderella shoutout) gives anyone with a soul and a heart for blink chills down their spines.

15 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Rebel Girl isn't necessarily pushing creative boundaries, but it's near vintage Tom and the 80s vibe was very Always-esque.  The breakdown is awesome with its quick changes and the chorus (prior to Cinderella shoutout) gives anyone with a soul and a heart for blink chills down their spines.

LMAO. Chills down all blink fans' spines, eh? Really reaching for that one. Maybe it feels that way because you love the Backstreet Boys so much? The only thing you were right on is it does have an Always-esque feel, which is what I thought of immediately upon hearing that. 

Now Ghent, cmon man, BIOMY is not 100x better than Rebel Girl either lol

5 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Never said blink, said it was Tom.  BIOMY is a further veer from blink.

I could have misunderstood you. I'm tired and at work. But it sounded like you're saying the breakdown in Rebel Girl gives anyone with a heart and soul for blink chills down their spines. I don't hate Rebel Girl, but it is definitely not sending chills down my spine. Maybe if I was a Rebel Girl I'd feel different, but alas, I am not a Rebel Girl. 

Just now, Diddy Faplord said:

LMAO. Chills down all blink fans' spines, eh? Really reaching for that one. Maybe it feels that way because you love the Backstreet Boys so much? The only thing you were right on is it does have an Always-esque feel, which is what I thought of immediately upon hearing that. 

Now Ghent, cmon man, BIOMY is not 100x better than Rebel Girl either lol

1 hour ago, Bucko said:

For the record, I think rebel girl is OK. But listening to DED and Neighborhoods, it's clear. He needs Mark and Travis but they need him more

True, they balance eachother out.  They need Tom for his creative energy and Tom needs them to ground his ass.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Smalls said:

definitely digging the new creatures song “special”! G g g g good

It's so damn good. Gosh! I love the new track. Simple creatures totally outperforms blink and ava right now. Fuck them both this where it's at for me. Loved the ep and that song was even better.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, petros said:

It's so damn good. Gosh! I love the new track. Simple creatures totally outperforms blink and ava right now. Fuck them both this where it's at for me. Loved the ep and that song was even better.

Agreed!!! Special > rebel girl+BIOMY

• Like 1