The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

This sounds so +44''ish

Why can't be have this in blink tho

Yes the lyrics are a little bit sappy i guess but it sounds quite honest and that is something i have been missing in blink.

These lyrics kinda feel like 2006 Mark Hoppus stuff

I wouldn't mind a genuine love song of mark towards his wife as a blink-182 song. Something that comes from the core instead of lyrical expectations and preasure because you're ''Mark Hoppus poppunk dad''

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jordidanen95 said:

What did she write with Tom???

I'm digging her

She's aight, but she doesn't have a lot of staying power. Seen a lot of people saying this too.

Like a few of her songs, can't seem to want to get back around to them.

I Said Hi is my fucking jam though lol

14 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

"A lot of the time with songs, I don't really understand what they're about until months later," admits Mark. "In the studio, I try and adhere to the Jack Kerouac ethos of first thought, best thought. I come up with a melody, I come up with words, and I like what they say, I like the vibe it inspires," and it's onto the next thing. "It's not until months later that I look back and realise the headspace I was in."

Take blink 182's ‘Bored To Death'. It was the lead single to 2016's ‘California' and to launch the record, the band set up an event at a big LA venue and invited loads of press. The first interviewer asks them what ‘Bored To Death' is about, and Mark replied: "'You know what, I don't know'. Travis looked at me like I was an idiot. How can you not know what the song is about, you wrote it?" But that doesn't mean the songs are meaningless. "

Um, it kinda does mean it's meaningless lol if your just throwing words down and recording them without remotely thinking about it then yes, it's probably gobbledegook. tiger from a fucking tree indeed. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

New SC interview, some interesting stuff from Mark:

"A lot of the time with songs, I don't really understand what they're about until months later," admits Mark. "In the studio, I try and adhere to the Jack Kerouac ethos of first thought, best thought. I come up with a melody, I come up with words, and I like what they say, I like the vibe it inspires," and it's onto the next thing. "It's not until months later that I look back and realise the headspace I was in."

Take blink 182's ‘Bored To Death'. It was the lead single to 2016's ‘California' and to launch the record, the band set up an event at a big LA venue and invited loads of press. The first interviewer asks them what ‘Bored To Death' is about, and Mark replied: "'You know what, I don't know'. Travis looked at me like I was an idiot. How can you not know what the song is about, you wrote it?" But that doesn't mean the songs are meaningless. "

"When I go into the studio with Simple Creatures, it feels fun. There's no expectation"

"I love, love, love blink 182, and have done for nearly three decades at this point. I will never turn my back on that,"

Major case of head up ass.

Meanwhile, in Kansas:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a213431e345a7fe5238

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Mark commented on a redos post with two comments and almost no upvotes at the time he commented. Mark definitely reads every post on reddit.

it’s the one song in the set where has to focus huh. as a result he’s sounded great on this tour especially with that song. he should invest more in proper technique all the time so he doesn’t sound as wheezy and out of breath like he so often does.

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

it’s the one song in the set where has to focus huh. as a result he’s sounded great on this tour especially with that song. he should invest more in proper technique all the time so he doesn’t sound as wheezy and out of breath like he so often does.

The one that confuses me the most is the intro to Cynical. Every single time he sounds like his voice is barely coming out at all.

The live vocals on Cynical are so sad to hear

It sounds like a 70 year old man trying to sing his last words to an audience

But yeah, Mark's voice has been solid on adams song these last weeks.

He also sounds great on that ''One Little Lie'' live performance from Simple Creatures. But Mark should really train with a solid vocal coach for a good year. Same goes for Matt and his live performance.

There are so many factors that contribute to you holding a steady note or not.

- Out of breath / ends a lyric really weak without air

- Pushing the note higher/lower

These 2 things are always the result of not using proper skills or technique, can be fixed with training

• Like 1

hey a buddy from back in the day pinged me about a blink music video. he can't recall the song. i could not tell by his description. can anyone help out?

There were other video services on the internet prior to YouTube. Could have been one of those. Very dark, Tom had his shaggy angle cut, spinning spot lights, there's a cross somewhere, Tom holds up his guitar at the end / near the end.

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

hey a buddy from back in the day pinged me about a blink music video. he can't recall the song. i could not tell by his description. can anyone help out?

There were other video services on the internet prior to YouTube. Could have been one of those. Very dark, Tom had his shaggy angle cut, spinning spot lights, there's a cross somewhere, Tom holds up his guitar at the end / near the end.