The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

13 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I think the actual song sounds more like AVA than this does

Dunno, I think the beginning of the video is very AVA sounding. Reminds me of how True Love/Love Like Rockets build up. The chorus reminds me loads of AVA too, especially the more recent AVA stuff where Tom started to let power chords ring out rather than constantly strum them. The actual song reminds me more of BCR than anything with slight elements of blink/AVA.

I do think the delay on that video is a bit overdone though. I know AVA have loads of delay effects going on but they've never been as noticeable as that IMO.

2 minutes ago, Osgod said:

You know that there exists different music than 90s Pop Punk, right?

sure. and i listen to tons and tons of other genres and artists. my comment was along the lines of a.) i've never heard of this artist before and b.) i do not like what i hear.

10 hours ago, daveyjones said:

sure. and i listen to tons and tons of other genres and artists. my comment was along the lines of a.) i've never heard of this artist before and b.) i do not like what i hear.

Yeah I got it. Was just making fun.

I think Hoodie Allen has some nice easy summer songs. You should give it a try and browse a bit through his catalogue. 

• Like 1

man. anyone else had this pop up in their YT notifications? decided to take a look at it and the dude just rips off word for word my wikipedia articles on the band... i get that the wikipedia articles were more or less collage art, a shitty research paper combining sources upon sources. but i poured a lot into those when i first got into blink, and have continued to year after year. i've seen plenty of sites repeat word for word my articles -- even the band more or less uses the wiki lead for press releases now  -- but something strikes me as particularly ill about this one. all these youtubers are just mining the algorithm to rack up views as fast as possible.

if my sob story didn't convince you, please notice he also steals the board's new header at 4:25 @Ari

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

the dude just rips off word for word my wikipedia articles on the band... i get that the wikipedia articles were more or less collage art, a shitty research paper combining sources upon sources. but i poured a lot into those when i first got into blink, and have continued to year after year.

if my sob story didn't convince you, please notice he also steals the board's new header at 4:25

1.) that's wikipedia. anyone is free to reip / mix your contributed content without attribution, compensation, or kind feels.

2.) that's why i don't spend a lot of time writing or editing wiki content in the fields i study... first of all, your shit can get changed and undone over and over again, and second, there's no love in it.

3.) the header logo is pretty bullshit, but granted aria based it on the art in the dude ranch insert. still, not cool to just rip the graphic and not even attribute the boards.

the other thing is, you could have done this boxy. instead of pouring time into wiki because of your love of the band, you could have monetized your interest, and made a bunch of shitty youtube videos about blink, rackin' up views and clicks. you didn't, because you're probably a better person that than. but someone will always be willing to take the low road and slimeball it.

TLDR; no good deed goes unpunished.

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

1.) that's wikipedia. anyone is free to reip / mix your contributed content without attribution, compensation, or kind feels.

the other thing is, you could have done this boxy. instead of pouring time into wiki because of your love of the band, you could have monetized your interest, and made a bunch of shitty youtube videos about blink, rackin' up views and clicks. you didn't, because you're probably a better person that than. but someone will always be willing to take the low road and slimeball it.

yeah. i get it. i acknowledge this fact in the OG post. it's great wikipedia is creative commons licensed. and i get that what i put together was a compilation of sources, organized neatly (i.e., i'm taking from OTHERS first and foremost). it just pisses me off that he takes so much from it, word for word. i know the response now is "tough shit", yes -- so whatever