The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I've decided to rank Blink's album, I don't think I've ever done so before outside of saying Dude Ranch was my favorite. So here it goes ...

1. Dude Ranch

2. TOYPAJ

3. Enema

4. Cheshire

5. Buddha

6. Neighborhoods 

7. untitled

8. California

I'm sure there's gonna be a ton of disagreement but is there anyone who actually agrees?

• Like 1

It's hard for me to rank them because aside from my favorite one I feel like the rest sort of fluctuate, but right now at this exact moment I'd probably rank them like this:

1. Untitled

2. Take Off Your Pants and Jacket

3. Neighborhoods (wtf I'm honestly surprising myself with this one)

4. Enema of the State

5. Dude Ranch

6. Cheshire Cat

7. California

8. Buddha

I only put Buddha below California because most of songs on it were redone on Cheshire Cat. I'd also throw Dogs Eating Dogs in between TOYPAJ and Neighborhoods. It's honestly one of my favorite blink releases.

1. Dude Ranch

2. TOYPAJ

3. Enema

4. Untitled

5. Cheshire

6. Neighborhoods

7. literally anything else they've ever released pre 2016

8. California doesn't make the list. 

3, 4 and 5 are interchangeable for me though, very close. 

1 - enema/untitled 

2- dude ranch

3- cheshire

4 - toypaj

5 - neighbourhoods

6-  California

Enema and untitled are as good as each other in different ways and to be honest 2, 3 and 4 interchange depending on mood. I put Cali last even though I listen to it more than neighbourhoods and probably like them both the same but didn’t want another slashed answer.

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

1 - enema/untitled 

2- dude ranch

3- cheshire

4 - toypaj

5 - neighbourhoods

6-  California

Enema and untitled are as good as each other in different ways and to be honest 2, 3 and 4 interchange depending on mood. I put Cali last even though I listen to it more than neighbourhoods and probably like them both the same but didn’t want another slashed answer.

Solid list

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, Ari said:

Damn Chesire so bottom of the list, and Dude ranch so top? 

I have a soft spot for Cheshire, I adore it even though it's technically a total clusterfuck. I find it charming and fun, but I know I don't listen to it as much as certain others. still knocks the shit out of California, though. 

Dude Ranch for me is in a sweet spot, it has the energy, snot and drive of their early career but with slightly more thought out structure for some solid songs and better production (in my head, I know loads of people piss on it's production) and it's just before the pop machine took over and stuck their oar in. it's a magic place and to me it captures everything I love about blink. 

• Like 1