The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

12 hours ago, NotNow said:

Weezer’s narrowing the gap to being my favorite band ever. Well see how nine shakes out and the next two weezer albums. But things aren’t looking good for blink, ya hate to see it.

Ah so good to know there’s another weezer die hard here!

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Sweet, IIRC this is the foldout poster inside the Josie EP as well?

nope, this was given out free at shows on that 1998 tour. uncoated paper. flat, not folded. 15" x 23."

the josie insert just unfolds in a quad to reveal this picture from the same photoshoot:

josie-quad.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NotNow said:

Weezer’s narrowing the gap to being my favorite band ever.

wow... are you serious? nearly every album since green has been some variation of terrible.

i did like everything will be alright in the end. that was a return to form. and there are some good tracks on white. but they are back to god awful again.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i'm curious how many people on the boards saw them live for the first time on the reunion tour.

Probably a few of us! I didn't become a big fan of the band until the hiatus. I thought I would never get the chance to see them so when the reunion happened it was extremely exciting.

42 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i'm curious how many people on the boards saw them live for the first time on the reunion tour.

I was a fan in the early aughts, but living in Atlantic Canada and being 11-15 years old, I wasn't able to get to any shows in that era.

• Like 2

May be poll worthy, but I don't wanna screw up tour names, have to list too many, and not sure the best way to separate it otherwise? Year range? Album Cycle?

But I saw them first in 2011 NH tour... never thought I'd be able to see them live. Was a huge fan since ~97, but too young to go to their type of concert in 98-04'. Thought for sure that seeing +44 in 2006 was the closest I was ever going to get to seeing blink live. This is part of why I will never take seeing them live for granted, regardless of the lineup. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

May be poll worthy, but I don't wanna screw up tour names, have to list too many, and not sure the best way to separate it otherwise? Year range? Album Cycle?

But I saw them first in 2011 NH tour... never thought I'd be able to see them live. Was a huge fan since ~97, but too young to go to their type of concert in 98-04'. Thought for sure that seeing +44 in 2006 was the closest I was ever going to get to seeing blink live. This is part of why I will never take seeing them live for granted, regardless of the lineup. 

Yeah, it would be a good poll. I'd just go by album cycles with extra categories for tours that don't really fit in (e.g., reunion tour).

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

was that the co-headlining with green day?

Yeah, it was a fun fucking show too. Green Day blew Blink out of the water though ... I mean Blink was fun and funny as fuck but it wasn't even close, Green Day murdered.