The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

https://thehardtimes.net/music/travis-barker-asked-to-just-like-play-regular-for-a-minute/

“I don’t tell Mark he should stop playing with a pick and use his fingers like a real bass player… and I don’t talk to the new guy at all. He creeps me out.”

??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/30/2019 at 7:40 PM, Ry-Bread said:

He won’t because it’s too much a part of his “character”... he’s funny Mark from blink-182 and can’t go without living up to that. 

He’s in a catch-22 where he needs to feel the fame/praise to feel alive/important, but can’t ignore the negativity which ultimately sneaks into his head and brings him down... 

It’s sad really, I feel for him.

I honestly don’t feel bad for him. Why should we? He’s depressed because he’s a mega millionaire happily married to the same woman for what almost 20 years now? Who is still loved and adored by thousands if not millions? Who just happens to not get the same amount of praise and adoration as he may once have had when the band was on top of the charts and TRL? Everyone gets their 15 minutes and blink has had much longer than that. Most people in this country let alone the world have it far worse. Our jobs suck way worse, we have way less money and can’t do everything we want. Most people can’t stay married to the same person that long either. I think he’s being a baby when he cries about depression. This viewpoint may get me roasted on here but I’m fine with that. Plenty of people in the world would trade places with mark at the drop of a dime. Seems to me he just had to come off that “high” that would have come with being in blinks position they were once in and just hasn’t learned to accept it yet. 

For real though Ghent id like to at least know why you think that? I know depression is a sensitive subject but I Gave my reasons. It just seems marks being a baby “oh poor me the kids were making fun of me on YouTube while I’m sitting here in one of my multiple mansions.” That’s just my take. I’m not ignorant to the point I think rich people aren’t susceptible to depression. 

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

For real though, depression can hit anyone. It’s easy to say he’s being a pussy and he should be happy etc etc but unless you walk in his shoes you don’t know what his mind is doing to him. That shit doesn’t discriminate. 

I know. I just made a comment same time you posted this that acknowledge this. I just think he may be being a little baby on his reason.  I could also be completely wrong. Just talking aloud 

I really don’t think he would be publicly talking about it if it was just him being a baby. He cited the news and current events as a trigger for it. You just don’t know what he’s got going on. 

I say props to him for being open about it. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I really don’t think he would be publicly talking about it if it was just him being a baby. He cited the news and current events as a trigger for it. You just don’t know what he’s got going on. 

I say props to him for being open about it. 

Yea. I guess there’s just a lot of other people in the world for me to feel sorry for other than Mark Hoppus 

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Well i agree, but no reason to shame him over it

My intention wasn’t to shame him for it. I just think the term “depression” gets kicked around a little too loosely sometimes. Sure, YouTube comments could bum him out. But send him into a deep depression? Yes i understand I have no insight into his mind or personal life whatsoever. Just seems he has so much more to be happy and positive about than he does to be depressed about. And I never said he was a pussy either those were your words. He’s never going to be “all the small things” famous again I really just wish he would accept that. 

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

But he never said YouTube comments had anything to do with it or being ATST famous. In the end he’s just a dude like all of us, fighting his own battles

Yea maybe i misread someone’s comments then. I didn’t actually read the article or watch marks video. Thought I saw someone hear commenting about how he was complaining about YouTube comments or aka just fans general reception to the new music. Either way guess it’s time for me to call it a night Matt  Skiba 666 already handed me a fat L tonight lmao 

@Ghent, this will come as a surprise, but i agree w/ you. easy to say he's a rich rockstar, STFU, but everyone goes through shit, and he's just a guy. reminds me of the open letter patrick stump from FOB wrote when he was at his lowest:

The standard response to any complaints I could possibly have about my position in life seems to be “You poor sad multi-millionaire. I feel so sorry for you.” Quite right, I still have access to enough money to live on in order to avoid bankruptcy for at least a few years as long as I stick to my budget, but money really isn’t everything and it never was. Perhaps those are the words of a privileged man who doesn’t really know what poverty really feels like. Again, that would be a fair rebuttal; I wasn’t raised rich, but lower middle class upbringing in early 90’s Midwest US of A is still a far way from the bread line. Still, there’s no amount of money in the world that makes one feel content with having no self respect. There’s no amount of money that makes you feel better when people think of you as a joke or a hack or a failure or ugly or stupid or morally empty.

• Like 4

Kinda goes in line with what @Ry-Bread posted in the Feldmann thread, about the Podcast he listened to with John on it

9 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

-Host reads a letter from a friend of his that makes John emotional, saying he is such a great friend/person/etc.

-Says it’s hard to feel that way about yourself when you go online and see the negative.

-“It’s hard when someone says you ruined a band, or they were so much better before they worked with you.”

Some of you act like the guys are being pussies for responding to all the negativity that's thrown at them, but they're normal people too and that shit hurts. Especially when it's their passion and life's work that's being shit on.

Sure, they have more money than us, but that's not everything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Kinda goes in line with what @Ry-Bread posted in the Feldmann thread, about the Podcast he listened to with John on it

Some of you act like the guys are being pussies for responding to all the negativity that's thrown at them, but they're normal people too and that shit hurts. Especially when it's their passion and life's work that's being shit on.

Sure, they have more money than us, but that's not everything.

The rebuttal to that though is that they've chosen to be in the spotlight. Negativity is part of being famous and being 'out there', and that's something you kind of have to accept if you're also accepting all the money and perks. it is actually a part of the job. 

I don't condone it or approve of it, but it's true. 

1 hour ago, Kay said:

The rebuttal to that though is that they've chosen to be in the spotlight. Negativity is part of being famous and being 'out there', and that's something you kind of have to accept if you're also accepting all the money and perks. it is actually a part of the job. 

I don't condone it or approve of it, but it's true. 

Yeah, I get that, too. I'm just saying I understand why that would cause depression even if they seemingly have everything they could ever need in life.

• Like 1