The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

22 hours ago, NotNow said:

Weezer about to release their third album this year with a fourth already done they’re holding onto because they can’t fit it in, and blink is struggling just to release one.

Also a Green Day, fall out boy, weezer stadium tour is being announced this week.

and just a couple years ago you were crying that blink rushed California and needed to take more time. Now the gold standard is 4 albums in one year LOL.

23 hours ago, NotNow said:

Weezer about to release their third album this year with a fourth already done they’re holding onto because they can’t fit it in, and blink is struggling just to release one.

the quality of weezer over the years has had some lovely highs and some deep, dark, lows. but one thing positive about rivers is he has always been mad prolific. and he has always been good about herding the cats into the studio and getting shit done.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ghent said:

and just a couple years ago you were crying that blink rushed California and needed to take more time. Now the gold standard is 4 albums in one year LOL.

If they’re good albums you can release as much as you want. Weezer has a database of like a thousand song pieces rivers has written over the last two decades that they piece together. It’s the way they’ve written for the majority of their career at this point so can’t really knock it.

16 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I mean I like Weezer but I can’t name a single song off of these supposed three albums. Didn’t even know it was a thing. Going to safely assume they must not be that great

They did a cover album. Their cover of Africa was like the number one alternative track this year on radio. 

And their original album didn’t have any hits but it was fine album to weezer fans, as most here would agree no one cares about hits for a 25 year old band as long as their fans still love them.

the third album hasn’t even been announced, rivers has just said they have two albums finished waiting to be released, van weezer and ok human. The first single off van weezer is being released this week with the tour announcement and leaked already.

8 hours ago, NotNow said:

They did a cover album. Their cover of Africa was like the number one alternative track this year on radio. 

And their original album didn’t have any hits but it was fine album to weezer fans, as most here would agree no one cares about hits for a 25 year old band as long as their fans still love them.

the third album hasn’t even been announced, rivers has just said they have two albums finished waiting to be released, van weezer and ok human. The first single off van weezer is being released this week with the tour announcement and leaked already.

Yeah I heard Africa all over the radio, but pretty sure that was last summer

3 minutes ago, Ari said:

Can someone fill me in on the blink182 Italia story?

A quick summary:

They started sneaking in complaints and whines about blink in their posts, especially Skiba, so they got unfollowed by Mark. @Italian Throwaway then registered here and had a meltdown over it. Mark followed him back eventually.

Since then the account has been 100% positive about the band, to the point of nearly parody after looking back on some of their posts before the unfollow.

On 9/8/2019 at 5:36 AM, NotNow said:

Also a Green Day, fall out boy, weezer stadium tour is being announced this week.

This will probably get announced with some poster of a Unicorn playing guitar, breathing rainbow fire. Maybe another band as special guests...

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

A quick summary:

They started sneaking in complaints and whines about blink in their posts, especially Skiba, so they got unfollowed by Mark. @Italian Throwaway then registered here and had a meltdown over it. Mark followed him back eventually.

They got blocked, not unfollowed lol. I have no problem with Italia, they are just a hardcore fanboy like myself who keeps up to date on news from here, reddit, IG, etc. and shares it. But it is funny how they are a bit careful since then, and now that Feldy/Skiba follow them.... For example, the main "review caption" here is super positive, but then if  you look at the continued "review" in the comments (have to click in the comments), they go off the deep end kinda shit on them (which they have every right to, it's their page...but originally this stuff would be in the main description pre-blockage):

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

A quick summary:

Since then the account has been 100% positive about the band, to the point of nearly parody after looking back on some of their posts before the unfollow.

Literally none of this is true, but I'll have to admit that it's a pretty solid attempt at trolling. 6/10. Keep it up. ?

28 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

They got blocked, not unfollowed lol. I have no problem with Italia, they are just a hardcore fanboy like myself who keeps up to date on news from here, reddit, IG, etc. and shares it. But it is funny how they are a bit careful since then, and now that Feldy/Skiba follow them.... For example, the main "review caption" here is super positive, but then if  you look at the continued "review" in the comments (have to click in the comments), they go off the deep end kinda shit on them (which they have every right to, it's their page...but originally this stuff would be in the main description pre-blockage?

Instagram captions have a 2,200-character limit. I promise I'll work on my summary skills. I appreciate the anthropological study going on here, though. ?