The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

55 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

@Italian Throwaway did you or did you not go on a tirade, calling Skiba "unprofessional" and telling Mark he needed vocal lessons?  

Are you sure you want to reopen this Pandora's box? I'm genuinely asking, because last time I came here with an open mind hoping to have a productive discussion and you were the one who by all standards contributed the least. I don't even know why I'm still engaging you, but alright, let's do it.

To answer your question, yes, to my recollection I did. And I stand by my post. I was let down by an awful performance by blink-182 and I vented my disappointment, because I know for a fact that they could do much better (e.g. see the ongoing tour). The only comment I regret is calling Matt's behavior "unprofessional". I was unaware at the time that he suffers from memory problems due to an actual medical condition. I still can't say that I'm a fan of professional musicians using teleprompters, but obviously I can't hold it against Matt.

I'm not sure I need to address Ghent's "100% positive" trolling, since it was just disproven by Ry-Bread. Level-headed criticism has always been there. I'll admit that the post you were referring to wasn't really level-headed. It was a reaction in the heat of the moment. I wrote what I felt like right after watching that show, I probably thought that it would trigger an interesting debate, and in hindsight I don't see any reason to deny it.

That being said, you can choose to cherry-pick 2-3 full-fledged critical posts out of 2,000+ on Instagram and many more on Facebook and try to portray me as a hater in disguise while failing to explain what exactly would be the point in living this alleged charade (fun fact: I'm by no means "close to the band" as some have claimed), or acknowledge that there are several layers of complexity to factual reality and respectfully try to conduct a joint effort to shed some more light on actual events.

Personally, I'm over it, Mark seems to be over it if we operate on the assumption that he ever felt involved in the first place, while for some weird reason this creepy obsession with me took root here. I'll take it as a form of flattery. Does it answer your question or is there any other detail you'd like to discuss? ?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Italian Throwaway said:

Are you sure you want to reopen this Pandora's box? I'm genuinely asking, because last time I came here with an open mind hoping to have a productive discussion and you were the one who by all standards contributed the least. I don't even know why I'm still engaging you, but alright, let's do it.

To answer your question, yes, to my recollection I did. And I stand by my post. I was let down by an awful performance by blink-182 and I vented my disappointment, because I know for a fact that they could do much better (e.g. see the ongoing tour). The only comment I regret is calling Matt's behavior "unprofessional". I was unaware at the time that he suffers from memory problems due to an actual medical condition. I still can't say that I'm a fan of professional musicians using teleprompters, but obviously I can't hold it against Matt.

I'm not sure I need to address Ghent's "100% positive" trolling, since it was just disproven by Ry-Bread. Level-headed criticism has always been there. I'll admit that the post you were referring to wasn't really level-headed. It was a reaction in the heat of the moment. I wrote what I felt like right after watching that show, I probably thought that it would trigger an interesting debate, and in hindsight I don't see any reason to deny it.

That being said, you can choose to cherry-pick 2-3 full-fledged critical posts out of 2,000+ on Instagram and many more on Facebook and try to portray me as a hater in disguise while failing to explain what exactly would be the point in living this alleged charade (fun fact: I'm by no means "close to the band" as some have claimed), or acknowledge that there are several layers of complexity to factual reality and respectfully try to conduct a joint effort to shed some more light on actual events.

Personally, I'm over it, Mark seems to be over it if we operate on the assumption that he ever felt involved in the first place, while for some weird reason this creepy obsession with me took root here. I'll take it as a form of flattery. Does it answer your question or is there any other detail you'd like to discuss? ?

I'll ignore the odd personal insult, but the only problem I have with your account is the fakeness of it and your 180-degree turn of opinions after Mark (rightfully) blocked your account and you came here whining about it.  

You go from saying things such as "Even a manufactured boy band of corporate puppets has more artistic integrity than blink-182" and constantly pushing the "overbearing" Feldmann narrative to completely lapping up whatever the band puts out.  Complaining about 5SOS and then sucking the shit out of the band for IRWIHY.   It's pretty clear you have gotten so much attention that you've lost any integrity at all.  I don't care what your opinions are but fake opinions suck. 

Also, way to just rip that Darkside vid off of youtube without crediting anyone, like what you do for most of your content. 

44 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I'll ignore the odd personal insult, but the only problem I have with your account is the fakeness of it and your 180-degree turn of opinions after Mark (rightfully) blocked your account and you came here whining about it.  

You go from saying things such as "Even a manufactured boy band of corporate puppets has more artistic integrity than blink-182" and constantly pushing the "overbearing" Feldmann narrative to completely lapping up whatever the band puts out.  Complaining about 5SOS and then sucking the shit out of the band for IRWIHY.   It's pretty clear you have gotten so much attention that you've lost any integrity at all.  I don't care what your opinions are but fake opinions suck. 

Also, way to just rip that Darkside vid off of youtube without crediting anyone, like what you do for most of your content. 

It's unfortunate that you choose to have this bellicose attitude. It's not really useful to ask a question, pretty much ignore the answer, and keep pushing your false narrative, is it? Look, my point here is to set the record straight for the other blink-182 fans who might happen to read this. Personally, I don't care about your opinion, whatever problem you might have with me, or anything else you think for that matter. My community is doing better than ever and at the end of the day that's what matters to me. If you thrive in resentment, that's totally your prerogative.

I'll pretend that you wised up and won't lend any weight to the digs in your first and last paragraphs. I get that your whole point here is to offend other people. That says much more about your character than about the targets of your poor trolling attempts.

Now let me vainly try to instill some sense of proportion in you. The first quotation you wrote had to do with the Can't Get You More Pregnant remix, if I remember correctly. Once again, I still stand by that post. At the end of the day, it was just a harmless remix they let John toy with, but I wouldn't call it a shining example of artistic integrity. As a fan, it was frustrating, because right when they criminally underutilized Matt's talent on a double album, they gave their producer virtually free rain on a track. I am still not a fan of John's production style on many levels, but this doesn't mean that I can't enjoy the final product. It's a matter of nuance. By the same token, the fact that I mistakenly singled out one event as a proof of unprofessional behavior doesn't mean that I think that Matt is unprofessional as a whole, as it clearly isn't the case.

As for the alleged u-turn and purported fake opinions, I guess this is the last baseless accusation you're desperately clinging onto. Ry-Bread even posted a link to my IRWIHY review pointing out that it contains criticism. My review of Darkside contrains criticism. My review of Happy Days contains criticism. My review of BIOMY contains criticism - and Matt even acknowledged it and was grateful for what he called "honest feedback" or whatever he wrote in Italian (pretty solid language skills btw). Again, you or anyone else for that matter have failed to explain what would be the point of faking reactions to music. That would be borderline sociopathic. I've been running blink-182 Italia for almost 8 years now and I've got very little in return. I do it out of generosity because I feel like I should give something back to the blink-182 community. Doesn't it make much more sense that I'm just a fan like anyone else who has his own opinions and sometimes likes to share them?

I know that you'll never answer yes, because you have to stick to your persona and I have no pretense to change that. Again, my point here is to respectfully explain my position on a platform I am a fan of when called upon. I'm doing great in my management capacity, I said everything I had to say here, and I am at peace with myself. ?