The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Wow I can’t copy the link since this iPhone update, but Italia did a great summary of a recent radio interview that goes pretty deep by all 3 members...

-Talked about the early songs from this album and how it felt like they kept writing the same song over and over. Black Rain & Darkside came from these early sessions.

-Mark likened multiple producers to speed dating lol

-Matt discusses his similarities with Tom and how they were always cool back in the day. People say he’s trying to be like him, but they’re just similar. Also said he is much more comfortable in blink now, and every day they are learning to be a band and how to work together

-Trav says people are either all Tom or all Skiba, and how if Tom rejoined people would say “Tom sounded awful his last few years, why is he in blink?” 

-Trav said 60-70% of album started on his beats, first time since Untitled he felt like the music he likes is what blink was doing. Said he didn’t just wanna make retro pop punk

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Wow I can’t copy the link since this iPhone update, but Italia did a great summary of a recent radio interview that goes pretty deep by all 3 members...

-Talked about the early songs from this album and how it felt like they kept writing the same song over and over. Black Rain & Darkside came from these early sessions.

-Mark likened multiple producers to speed dating lol

-Matt discusses his similarities with Tom and how they were always cool back in the day. People say he’s trying to be like him, but they’re just similar. Also said he is much more comfortable in blink now, and every day they are learning to be a band and how to work together

-Trav says people are either all Tom or all Skiba, and how if Tom rejoined people would say “Tom sounded awful his last few years, why is he in blink?” 

-Trav said 60-70% of album started on his beats, first time since Untitled he felt like the music he likes is what blink was doing. Said he didn’t just wanna make retro pop punk

anyone know where to find this?

Btw I thought there was a guitar pick thing mentioned at some point in some thread, and I was wanting to share this cool glass insert display I saw someone on reddit have and found on eBay:

xxZbH6G.jpg

One fell when hanging but that was my fault lol. I'm probably going to pimp out the back with blink related stickers at some point.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Btw I thought there was a guitar pick thing mentioned at some point in some thread, and I was wanting to share this cool glass insert display I saw someone on reddit have and found on eBay:

xxZbH6G.jpg

One fell when hanging but that was my fault lol. I'm probably going to pimp out the back with blink related stickers at some point.

Got a spare of repeated ones? ?

Wow. That looks really sick. 

Do you have the Enema one? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Mark responded to someone asking about online songs and his reply was “the song is 18 years old and not a single” I truly hate the “we only play singles” attitude he gives off. 

It is weirdly dismissive considering they have been playing all of Enema and routinely have played Reckless Abandon and Anthem Part 2 from the same album.

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

That answer makes me worry that they're going straight back to greatest hits setlists on their next tour.

Yeah they def should ride this NINE hype and book some smaller indoor shows ASAP and play some of the new stuff. Still waiting on Mark’s Fall SC tour dates though.

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah they def should ride this NINE hype and book some smaller indoor shows ASAP and play some of the new stuff. Still waiting on Mark’s Fall SC tour dates though.

I really want them to do a proper tour for it, like a good 8 or 9 songs that aren't all the previously released ones with a few oldies thrown in for good measure just makes sense. I think as well some of those songs need to be done live, like Heaven and Pin The Grenade and other upbeat ones, give them their day in the sun you know? I'm also curious to see how they sound live versus the record as obviously there's a lot of electronic elements they can't replicate in a live performance. I imagine they'll just let a backing track do it but it'd be interesting to see if they just adapt the performance in a manner to make it work, have the live performance differ to the record. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I honestly think they simply can't be bothered to play for any longer than they do, time is money and all that. 

Mark said the same thing about bands he sees though. I feel like it was on reddit or something but he made a comment about how he went to a ‘the cure’ show which went for 3 hours and he was done halfway through.

2 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Mark said the same thing about bands he sees though. I feel like it was on reddit or something but he made a comment about how he went to a ‘the cure’ show which went for 3 hours and he was done halfway through.

There is a bit of a difference between a 3 hour Cure show and a 90 minute blink-182 show, surely he realises that?

I think they should maybe introduce medleys of some classics to be honest, throw together 3-5 of the least popular/big classics they want to drop into a 4 minute song and then open up the space on the set for 4 Nine songs. 

Next tour they should be playing at least 5-6 songs off Nine, if not they are fucking chicken shit to move on from the Delonge days and it will always feel like a blink-182 cover band for me. 

• Like 1