The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Yeah, exactly. I'm not against them playing the old songs. In fact, I like they are doing it, but also they have to include the newest ones too if they want to accomplish what they are saying at this point. They have to embrace their new era and what Matt (supposedly) brings to the band. So to me, the best solution would be to increase the show time and make it really great (as Mark points), having an important bunch of older songs, but also covering the new records. As I said, as bands as Foo Fighters do with longer shows.

Then, again, if they only play 90 miuntes at max, there we have a problem to accomplish that.

My only doubt is if they would be able to play (let' say...), two hours in a row.

• Like 1

I mean, lets be real -

They did tour quite a bit of California along with their usual hits set list, and they've barely had any shows since Nine was released, basically none that were actually normal tour shows for them instead of festivals or special appearances, and even then you had I Really Wish I Hated You and Darkside dotted about.

I think we can't comment too hard until there's the next tour and see what they do with it. 

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Kay said:

I mean, lets be real -

They did tour quite a bit of California along with their usual hits set list, and they've barely had any shows since Nine was released, basically none that were actually normal tour shows for them instead of festivals or special appearances, and even then you had I Really Wish I Hated You and Darkside dotted about.

I think we can't comment too hard until there's the next tour and see what they do with it. 

Fucking fangirl. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I heard Run Away blaring out of a bar on my way back to my office after lunch this week. It was neat.

That song has actually grown on me quite a bit. Mark is right, the 2nd half of NINE just hits different. I often start at Black Rain and let it ride, even digging IRWIHY.

I really do think the singles did let this album down a bit. I think Darkside and IRWIHY were the right choices but wrong timing. BIOMY should've never been a single or even a song on the album, although I do like the song. The First Time would've made a good first single IMO. It's the song blink fans seem to love. It has the modern production to help bring in new listeners. It's upbeat sounding but still fits in with the vibe of the album, kinda like Feeling This does for the smiley face album.

Then they should've released IRWIHY. That song has grown on me shit loads. It's pop but to me it's pop done right. Not a perfect song cause there's a couple of iffy lyrics and it is a bit repetitive but man it sticks in my head. Then they could've released Darkside after that. Then they could've released something more darker and aggressive sounding like NHTSO or Black Rain.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

That song has actually grown on me quite a bit. Mark is right, the 2nd half of NINE just hits different. I often start at Black Rain and let it ride, even digging IRWIHY.

Yeah, I agree with this. Usually blink albums are stronger on the first half of them than the second half. California was the one that was a bit of a mess the whole album. I think on Nine, songs like Happy Days & BIOMY didn't give it the strongest start. The First Time and Heaven are amazing though.